Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Tea party bridal shower

Christina, on January 5, 2017 at 11:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hi Fellow Bride-to-Be's.

I'm not sure if this is the right discussion board to post this, but I didn't see a shower specific board.

I am planning a tea themed bridal shower and was wondering if anyone knew of any budget friendly places that sell Tea Accessories. I am looking for Tea Mugs/Cups for around 5-7 dollars. Tea pots for around 15-20 dollars. Miscellaneous Tea Accessories under 15 dollars.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Aimee, on February 6, 2017 at 01:10
  • Aimee
    Curious July 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Aimee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got some of the tea cups from my family we are all big tea fans. I went to thrift stores and second hand places like salivation army they had lots of cups for cheap. I also went to the dollars tore to get the tea pots. Guess had a few choices of tea four black teas and herbal teas. The twining brand in Dominion sells variety packs of each with 20 in a box for under 5 dollars a box and some tetley for the ones who just wanted plan. Desserts were made by my family cookies and easy things like snack and a half, creamcisle look on the Internet for no bake desserts and I also went to M &M where they come frozen.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a great idea Aimee! I'm sure it could give ideas to many other brides! You could create a discussion and explain how you did it with a few pictures if you like Smiley smile I'd love to see the dessert you chose! Will you have a rehearsal dinner before the wedding?

• Aimee
    Aimee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had different types of desserts and pastries as well as cookies. We personally made most of the desserts and his side made the cookies and bought the pastries from Dominion grocery store. I arranged it way in advance. Everything we made was freezer friendly and was also made in advance.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Aimee! That's amazing! Smiley heart What did you get or make for your tea party? I can't wait to see your ideas! When is your bridal shower? Smiley smile

• Aimee
    Aimee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Over Internet
  • C
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Where is that located?
  • Aimee
    Aimee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked most of my tea stuff at Sears outlet
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more of your ideas!

• C
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi samtam!
    I am helping plan the shower thabks for all the suggestions. I will definitely look into those locations. I love the loose leaf test tube idea! I was going to included loose leaf tea as part of the giveaway but was just going to place it in a standard tea bag. The test tube definitely makes it look more elegant.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Christina! Welcome to the community! This is such a great idea! Smiley love I love the tea party theme for a bridal shower. I just create this discussion to give you a few inspirations: 6 ideas for a tea party bridal shower

You can also check out this discussion for ideas: Will you have a theme for your bridal shower?

You can also take a look at our list of vendors to see if they have the accessories you're looking for: Wedding Decorations Vaughan

I can't wait to see your ideas! Are you planning on any DIYs? Smiley smile

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a wonderful idea ~ love the idea of a tea party Smiley smile
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Christina! I also had a tea party bridal shower! I would try your local dollar/loonie store because they can have some great stuff surprisingly! Also maybe try Michaels. (Sign up for their online coupons! They do sales all the time!) Or try Winners or Home Sense!

We didn't get a chance to do this but I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was the cutest idea for favours! http://pin.it/ZpUKbhz

Tea Party Favours

Tea Party Favours

Are you helping plan your shower or is it going to be a surprise?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have a nicer dollar store near you, some of them have some great items! You could also keep an eye out at Value Villiage type stores, people often get rid of those items when downsizing and you can probably find some great items

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics