Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie October 2018 Ontario

Tattoo cover up

Nicole, on August 4, 2017 at 19:33 Posted in Beauty 0 10

I have tattoos that I would like to cover up for my wedding. Don't get me wrong, I love my tattoos, and I do not regret them. However, I don't want them peaking through in my wedding pictures, or for them to distract people from everything else.

Kat Von D cover up is not the greatest, it barely covers my smallest tattoo.

I don't have a dress yet, but I know that I want long sleeve, which should cover the two tattoos on my arm, but I want to make sure that they don't show through any lace. Is there a makeup or makeup artist who could perform this? Is there a makeup that would be safe to wear under a wedding dress?

I also have two tattoos on my back that I would like to cover should the dress I get end up being low in the back. I'd obviously like to be sure that any cover up won't come off as the day/night goes on.

Any thoughts?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on August 24, 2017 at 16:37
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A seamstress could also add a subtle opaque lining to lace sleeves. It could be in a flesh tone so as not to distract from the beauty of the lace.

• Kaela
    Beginner April 2018 British Columbia
    Kaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dermablend!!!

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, i have one tattoo on my arm, which I love, but I know its a little harsh on my pale skin with a pale dress in photos. You can even order custom temp tattoos on etsy, if thats what you want. It's not particularly cheap but I think it makes for nice back/arm jewelry.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea! I have a huge tattoo on my left shoulder that will be very visible on our wedding day. I had thought about covering it up but it's a part of me! We aren't having a religious ceremony at all so it isn't offensive.... at least I don't think it is lol

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on ordering gold temporary tattoos to cover my tattoo, so it'll be a gold rose that peeks out.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Make sure to use a powder to set whatever you use to cover with and then a setting spray.

• Nicole
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely look into it. Smiley smile

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dermablend. It's made specifically to temporarily cover things like tattoos, scars, skin discolouration. Have a look at their website and their videos. You'll see how well it covers. Not sure if it will rub off under clothing.
    Another option would be to find a makeup artist that does airbrush makeup. They could cover your tattoos with skin coloured makeup. Airbrush makeup does last longer, so less likely to rub off quickly under clothing.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try some cover up made for theater or movies. Check this out for some inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mIBKifOOQQ

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think any cover up will come off onto the dress. You best bet might be to find a dress with long sleeves and a back that comes up high enough so they don't show. A seamstress could add sleeves to a dress, and they don't have to be snug but flowing instead, if you like that style.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics