Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner June 2020 Saskatchewan

Tacky or not?

Jordan, on December 29, 2019 at 00:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
My finance and I are getting married in march! When we started dating we binge watched friends. So I want to incorporate some of that stuff into the wedding. The venue is fairly upscale ish. I wanted to have our seating chart done in the friends front. And all called "the one with" and then a name for them. I also found a few friends quotes such as phoebe's crabs mate for life quote in frames. And a big frame that says pivot on the dance floor.
This wont be the theme of the wedding, just little details.
Tacky? Trashy? To much? Looking for input

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on January 2, 2020 at 12:14
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds cute - not tacky at all! It's your wedding and it should be what you want and what you think would mean the most which in your case would be to use references to the show you guys first bonded over.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No that sounds so fun!! its great to add to your wedding and everyone knows friends!!

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing the same! Just seating chart and table names though. We also had our officiant add into our wedding Joeys speech about “giving and sharing and receiving” lol....
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds you have a conmon ground theme of FRIENDS that can give that personal touch of you two. I do find table names of the characters and places they hang out can be work to your advantage. Seating plan has pictures of them to know who or what to look for. Wedding party puts on an small item that the actors have worn on the show. They can be hats, paper cut faces with holes for eyes and mouth cut out.
  • J
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love friends so I would totally love to see a wedding with this theme ! I think you have the right idea of adding the little touches but still keeping it classy.
  • Cockerton
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s your wedding so you do what’s important to you! I am a HUGE Friends fan and it would be awesome if they still made disposable cameras as that was like an entire episode of Monica and Chandlers wedding. But sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
  • J
    Beginner June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ! I wasnt doing anything else so hopefully not over kill. Just some 1uotes in frames to fill things like the cale table or gift table
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Stephanie, don't over do it. A little is cute and kooky, too much becomes a theme wedding.
    Using the font is super cute, and maybe the tables could be "the one with/where" titles with photos of the two of you. Like "the one with the first date" the date underneath and an early photo of you, or the "one where she said yes/the one when he asked and she said yes". That way it's more about the two of you and your life events.
  • Stephanie
    Beginner August 2021 New Brunswick
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It can be cute, just don't over do it. I like it when it's something someone would get if they loved friends but not if it's glaringly obvious. Have you asked your bridesmaids to be in your wedding. There are tons of cute things that say "the one where she gets married" I might have butchered that but you get the gist. It's your day and it sounds special to both of you . LOVE the pivot idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics