Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Curious September 2021 Ontario

Table to chair to guest ratio?

Sarah, on August 17, 2020 at 16:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 8

Hi everyone!

We're planning a wedding for about 50 guests - our cocktail hour will be held outside (tented) while ceremony space is flipped to reception space. How many cruiser tables should we rent, and how many chairs? I don't imagine everyone will be sitting or standing around the tables, as we are planning on setting up some lawn games to keep people entertained, but I do want to ensure that people can set their drinks/food down and have a seat if needed.

I was thinking of renting 10 cruiser tables and about 20-25 chairs - would that be reasonable?

Thanks in advance!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on August 23, 2020 at 11:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

50 guests ratio can half seated tables and half stand up tables for those who feel comfortable talking and eating. The elderly would like to sit and the younger generation would be standing more. This would allow the space for lawn games to be spread out.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

More than plenty. The idea is to not overwhelm the space with tables. And plus, it's only an hour or so, people can live if they have to have something in the hand for a moment. I would personally go five cruisers for just 50 people and at max 20 chairs. Knock it down to 10 if you can based on your guest list. Unless they're a senior, have health/mobility issues, or dealing with a baby, no one should be sitting during a cocktail hour. In my opinion, seated guests for a cocktail hour is a huge buzz kill.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's okay! I wasn't very clear in the initial post! 😂
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhhhh sorry, I got mixed up. That makes way more sense.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Hank,

Thanks for your reply! Cruisers are for cocktail hour. Guests will have their own chairs at assigned tables for reception. Cocktail hour is taking place outside (20x30 tent) while the space is being switched over. So ten cruisers for 50 guests should be plenty?

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh no no, this isn't for the reception - everyone will have their own chair for that at their assigned tables! This is for cocktail hour.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think guests appreciate the "home base" of a chair even if they barely sit in it. If you've got 50 guests I would get 50 chairs so that there is somewhere for people to hang suit coats and purses, and to return to when their dancing feet get tired. Plus if you're having any kind of spectating at the reception (speeches, shoe game, etc) people will want a place to sit for the duration.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are the cruisers for your reception or cocktail hour?

It'll also depend on the space. Personally when I set up for events, I have one cruiser per ten people but that depends on how much space there is.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics