Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Table Numbers vs. Table Names

Meghan, on February 26, 2019 at 13:40 Posted in Wedding reception 0 18

What are your thoughts on table numbers vs. table names?

FH and I can't decide on which to do...(we were thinking of naming each table after an Algonquin Park lake)

On the one hand, Algonquin Park is a special place to us so we wanted to integrate it into the wedding somehow....on the other hand we don't want to over-complicate things, and just using numbers would keep it simple.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Allen, on March 6, 2019 at 21:59
  • Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm debating on this. Im using table numbers but maybe have a picture or two on each table with something that we have shared or has been meaningful. Like our dog who passed last year,we both love Marilyn Monroe ( I have her tattooed on my arm, and he has her painted on his classic car) etc
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its nice to see what's special to you two especially when it comes to being adventurous or simple minded.

There was a wedding we attended where cities named to each table and chart basis. It was creative and so will yours as being original.

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for all of the replies girls! We are going to go with the table names Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think table names are cute but it has to go with your wedding. For us, we're doing simple table numbers since we really don't have a theme, but if you do, why not pull all the stops and do table names? Sounds like you want to!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think table names would be cute because of the significance of Algonquin Park to your relationship!

I'm personally going with table numbers, but primarily to keep things straightforward (and because I found the cutest table numbers).

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going with a tri fold table number sign. One side table number, 1 side a different engagement picture on each table and then a sweet thank you poem to our Family and Friends for sharing our Wedding day.

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used drawings of wildlife
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the idea of table names.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love when people have table names, especially when they have meaning behind them!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I originally wanted to do table names, but with our idea for painting globes yo show the tables sticking with numbers was so much easier! I love the idea of names though!!!!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ive never thought of this! cool idea! Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like table names - we're going with flower names, to pick up on the Secret Garden theme. I don't think it will over-complicate things at all Smiley smile

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that's a good idea too! I never thought of alphabetizing them....thanks!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think names don’t have to be complicated. Just alphabetize them so it’s easier to find! I’ve been to wedding with names but the tables were hard to find because there was no order.
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah thanks for the tips! I do need to figure out the paperthickness

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that is perfect then! Just figure out what thickness of paper you will need to print on, and how the names will be displayed. If the paper will be going into a holder "slot" make sure it fits!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I do like that it is more unique Smiley smile I think I am leaning more towards this route

I actually downloaded a template on Etsy so I can customize and print them as I need them which has saved us SO much money and takes the stress out of finding matching signs/table numbers/seating chart

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing Table Names. It's a more unique way to incorporate a more personal element! Beware- it can be trickier however, since you cannot just go to Michaels and pick the names up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics