Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Doug
Newbie August 2017 British Columbia

Table layout sizing on "graph paper" grid

Doug, on May 21, 2017 at 04:12 Posted in Tech support 0 4

I have a finite space in which to place as many tables and guests as possible. The table layout facility on this website allows me to place round or rectangular tables on a grid background.

At first I assumed that each square of the grid represented 1 foot, but that assumption must be wrong because a default round table icon on the web page shows it holding 6 persons - and the table itself, on the grid, occupies 6x6 squares. So, this means that the table is 6' in diameter, not including the space needed for chairs.

But a 6' diameter table holds between 10 and 12 persons, according to every other website I can find (google "how many people can sit at a 6' wedding table" to see). To default to only 6 people sitting at a 6' round table is beyond extravagent. Even with a full table of platters, settings, floral arrangement, cutlery, glasses, pitchers, etc. a 6' table holds 10 persons. Again, please google and research before replying that a 6' table can only hold 6 persons.

This is a major problem for my planning. Your website forces me to assume that 6 people will occupy 121 square feet (6x6 table and 2x2 chair space)!

I appreciate that you provide the facility to create general table seating layouts, but I really need the background grid to represent something tangible, and the table/chair icons to be porportionate. Otherwise, for those of us that need to plan things accurately, it's really no use at all apart from designatiing who sits at what table. And if that's the case, please remove the underlying grid to remove the confusion.

If I'm mistaken, and the grid represents a fixed measurement, please tell me what that is. I can't work it out based on the round and rectangular table icons.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Samtam, on May 23, 2017 at 18:48
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would recommend reaching out to your venue to provide you with a floor plan that you can use for the seating chart. They may have certain code/spacing requirements that they have to meet, restrictions on the number of tables they have, etc so it's always best to go to them first before spending a lot of time building a design that may not work for the venue. After I got the design from our venue, I made a generic version on WW so that I could assign my guests' seats. Hope that helps!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Doug! I just read your discussion! I'm happy you're joining us and reaching out! The seating plan created on our website is only used to organise which guest will be seated at which table. Hope this helps! Let us know if we can help with anything. Smiley smile

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out All Seated, its a free online planning program. I think it will do what you are looking for.

https://www.allseated.com

• Katherine
    Frequent user August 2017 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should double check with your venue the size of the tables, as this website has no way of knowing what size your tables really are

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics