Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner June 2018 Saskatchewan

Table Gifts

Nikki, on November 27, 2017 at 17:38 Posted in Wedding reception 0 25

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to figure out what 'gift' to give my guests. What did you do? Home made? Was it cost effective? Let me know!

25 Comments

Latest activity by Ap2017, on December 19, 2017 at 11:07
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave out homemade fudge from a local vendor - we had none leftover! Their pricing was reasonable too since we were buying in bulk and it was made fresh a few days before our wedding and they boxed it up for us!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is super cute!! Love the idea! Food is always a good idea, plus it's meaningful which makes it extra special!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave a crystal tealight votive with the thank you cards on it. Simple yet something useful.
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found lots of ideas on etsy for reasonable prices but having said that I've seen cool popcorn kernels with a little note or wildflower seeds with a cute note!
  • N
    Beginner June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Everyone! Thanks for all the comments and ideas! I love seeing what other people did/are planning to do.

When Mike and I first started dating about 5 years ago.. He would from time to time call me "half a meatball" when I did something goofy or silly.

I would reply with "If I'm half a meatball.. Then you're the other half!"

Since then, it kinda stuck with us and became a cute saying.

My future Mother In-Law just gave me a wonderful idea for Table Gifts!

Ferreror Rocher chocolates (AKA chocolate meatballs) Smiley smile

Table Gifts 1

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going a little traditional and actually giving plates. I found a set of 4 dessert plates on sales for $4. I snagged those right away!
  • Megan
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea, and the boxes are so freaking cute, I might steal this idea. We are had decided to give biscotti to our guests since a place near us makes the most amazing biscotti in such fun flavours. They are 2.50 each.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and my families are both mainly of Dutch origin, so we went with a traditional Dutch chocolate letter B (for his last name). They are only sold at Christmas time so this is going to be a nice treat for all the Dutch people in May. Also the chocolate is delicious!

• Crystal
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My FH and I are also doing popcorn! We haven’t figured out the small things like how we will package etc...
    where did you get this amazing boxes?
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom makes the most amazing salsa. I've made it with her the last couple years, and this year my future Mother-in-law joined us. So we are going to do small jars of salsa for everyone, as everyone always loves it when I bring it out, and it has nice memories for the 3 of us.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made some of our spice rub and gave that to our guests.

• Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this!! Such a cute and personal idea, and in the end it will look so good!!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing cupcakes. We couldn't decide between two cake flavors so decided to do one as a cupcake favor. I'm a HUGE sweets person so it's perfect. Each favor has the cupcake, custom box, and tag with our wedding date. They came to $3 a piece.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I got them on Etsy. There were so many different options on there it was hard to choose haha
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing lavender pouches, flower bombs and herb seed confetti. Plus little vials with amber and pieces of the dried flowers from my boquets. These being placed on the napkins.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a variety of cookies made by an old friend!
    We did 2 cookies per package and there were NONE left - I even ordered extra so that we would have a few to take home.. but someone grabbed a bunch of them because they were so good!!

22448654_10155844929177417_4382328985831

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want a bunch left behind, so we went with something edible and had fudge made from a local vendor that's well loved in the area. I printed labels for everyone as well that included menu choices and any allergies so the servers would know who was who for the plated dinner.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing popcorn because my FH is a big movie guy! This is what they will look like (except with our names and date) and they cost $100 for 100 of them with clear bags and twine included. We are getting the popcorn from Kernnels and it will cost $35 per bag and we will need two!

Popcorn!Table Gifts 2

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is an awesome idea!! Love it! I bet your guests were so happy with those! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your tags from? I'm having trouble finding tags like that to put on my favours.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that is so cute!! Sounds like a great idea!! I hope they turn out the way you want them! 😊
  • T
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I love Christmas so we are creating our own Christmas ornament. We found these glass empty balls; and we want to fill them with cut up music sheets of our first dance Smiley smile

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yeah it's going to be great! And they are so much better than solo cups! Plus people love them! Great minds think alike!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what we’re doing too! My FH and I have 2 of them at home and they are our go-to drinking glasses for almost everything! So we figured they’d be a great gift to give everyone else. Haha
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to just do something practical! We're giving mason jar mugs for people to use at the bar and then for them to take home. And we're going to add tags on them with our names and date of our wedding.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted something that people would use afterwards so we went with honey as it is very versatile and most people like it and it also went nicely with our theme haha. We went with a local beekeeper and because we were buying in bulk it was a decent price for the product. It was just under 200$ for 50 large jars with little dippers. Probably considered expensive but it was totally worth ot to me. We got so many compliments and the honey was delicious!

Table Gifts 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics