Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Table arrangements

Jessica, on March 5, 2017 at 11:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
My FH parents are divorced, however his mother and step father are so closer to my parents.
His father and step father can bump heads...
How can a seating chart happen? I wanted to put all our parents at one table but don't want to make that uncomfortable for anyone.
Than thought to put my parents with his mother and step father (since they are so close) ... but I don't want his father and step mother to feel uncomfortable by that either.
Has anyone mixed families at tables?
Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on March 7, 2017 at 22:49
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahh see mine are together, his are separate. Where as his mother and step have more of a relationship with mine! I'll probably just have to talk to them and see what all their opinions are. My main concern is to not let anyone feel awkward!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well my parents get along with both.. just one more so than the other... which makes it so hard! I'llMake my head table aka me close to the bar LMAO It sucks people complain! It's literally just to eat and for speeches and you barely sit at the table! Thanks val
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to have 2 parent tables as both of our parents are divorced and remarried so the moms and their hubbys will sit together and the dads and their ladies will sit together .. kinda helps break things up a bit

• Meghan
    Curious July 2018 British Columbia
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing two parents tables on either side of the head table, that way they feel special and involved but the sets of divorced parents can have space and choose to interact or not. My mother and step father will sit with my father in law and his wife. Then the other side my mother in law will sit with my dad and his wife I think it's easiest to separate so everyone is comfortable and minimize the chance of drama
  • Kylie
    Newbie February 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my husband and my parents are divorced. They are all with new partners. All four of his parents get along, where mine do not. What I was going to do was have 4 seperate tables (one per set of parents). However, since his parents all get along, I have them at one table and two seperate tables for my parents. I am sitting my parents with their siblings to even it out.

If there is any tension, do not feel like you cannot say "This is our wedding, so it is not about you and your anger or hurt towards one another." As their children, they have to respect you and your FH on your special day! Smiley smile Hope this can help you a bit!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's nice that hey get along!! I have to have my parents and FH'S dad and mom all at separate tables but with equally "good views".... that's a CHALLENGE!! But I've got the perfect spit for FFIL (with all his friends near the bar LOL), but I plan on just asking my patents what table they want to sit at. I'm going to show them the layout and just see what they'd like (they got sat behind a pole at my brothers wedding 6 years ago and I still hear about it constantly.... thought SIL was being a bitch on that one)
  • Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ah such great advice ! Thank you so much!!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good advice! I would agree to chat with all of them and see what they think! Good luck!
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do! We sat down with our parents and just asked them as a group what they wanted. To sit at the parents table or would they like to be at a table with friends. All of our parents chose to sit together for the dinner. Just ask your dad if he would be ok with sitting with everyone at the parents table or give him the chose to sit with someone else he might get along with. Most time they will do it because it's your day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics