Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

Sweetheart table/decor

Emily, on January 27, 2018 at 12:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi ladies,

I will be getting married in the fall and we have decided on a sweetheart table for the reception. I’m a logistics girl more than I am a flooral girl. Looking for some inspiration here! What kind of things did you do with your table (florals and/or decor).

Let me know if you don’t mind sharing.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on February 1, 2018 at 18:07
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am also doing a sweetheart table, because my FH has 8 groomsmen, and I have 4 bridesmaids, and they all have SOs that are not in the bridal party... and I don't want a 26 person lopsided head table... haha!

My MOH had a good idea, to have 5 small vases on the sweetheart table (probably done with white sand or something for "snow", my wedding is in January), and then have my bouquet, along with my 4 bridesmaids, on the sweetheart table. Their tables will already have centrepieces and they will need a place to put their bouquets down.

We are doing all white roses, with possibly some blue wild thistles mixed in, so it would be mine in the middle (larger) with 2 smaller on each side.

BouquetSweetheart table/decor 1Sweetheart TableSweetheart table/decor 2

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it can be a good idea! We aren’t having a formal wedding party so that kind of made our decision for us. But I think it can also be nice so people can sit with who they come with - for example significant others.
  • Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like the idea of a sweetheart table! Including us, our head table would have 12 people, so maybe I’ll opt for this instead!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could go with a fun accent table linen for your sweetheart table! A lot of people re-use their bouquets as well!

Sweetheart table/decor 3Photo from NINA Weddings & Events in Calgary

Sweetheart table/decor 4

Photo from Cerise Floral Studio in Edmonton

Also check out this article for more ideas: How to Decorate Your Sweetheart Table

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Simple diy rental backdrop

Sweetheart table/decor 5
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just laid my bouquet on the table in front of my place setting.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea! I think we will likely do something like that. Leaning towards a foliage garland with some single stems. Maybe a vase with my bouquet.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a sweetheart table for our wedding. We had a smaller version of the centerpieces at the front of the table and we also had our initials in metal letters on the table.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing a sweetheart table.. I'm actually going dead opposite and having a massive U-shaped head table as I want our bridal party and their partners sitting with us.

However, I'm not going crazy with decor. We have a gorgeous venue and are letting that be our main 'decor'. I'm not a huge flower person either. We'll be doing just the same centerpieces as the rest of the tables will be having.. nothing else.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics