Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Sweetheart or Head Table?

Lynnie, on October 1, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

Have you decided where you will sit at the reception? Will you and your new spouse be sitting together at a sweetheart table just for two, or with your bridal party at a big head table?

Sweetheart Table?

16462942-1534904809876184-46131884080083

Photo from Cerise Floral Studio in Edmonton, AB

Or Head Table?

Sweetheart or Head Table? 1

Photo from Silver Lakes Golf & Country Club in Newmarket, ON

Next Question: Band or DJ?

Or start from the beginning: Are you reception ready?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 17, 2018 at 00:43
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Head table!

• Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Head table! We had considered the idea of doing a sweetheart table but due to space constraints with the other tables we decided to stick with having a head table.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since we aren't doing full wedding parties (just a BM and MOH), I feel like it might be a bit weird to have a traditional head table, but I'm also not sure I want to do a sweetheart table just the two of us. We haven't talked about any of these details yet, but I might see what he thinks of us doing a "head table" with our parents and let our MOH and BM sit with their respective partners/families. (BMs girlfriend won't know a tonne of people, though she is super friendly and not shy at all so I'm not worried about her feeling awkward if they aren't sitting together at dinner, but it might be nicer for them both to be able to. MOH is my SIL and I don't think she would care one way or the other).

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It does make sense, thank you! I am pretty sure ours will be a square room as well! I’m glad it worked out for your friend! I’ve never seen it done before, so I was a little unsure if it was the right way to go. But I think overall it would be easiest!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It definitely will! I would honestly put yourself almost centre. but closer to the front depending on your room layout.

her room was a square. she had 5 or 6 tables. her table had her/hubby, both sets of parents. she went center, center. 2 tables were a smidge closer to the front/podium/cake etc (but on the left and right of her). if that makes sense.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Head table x 2 haha. We had a large wedding party (us + 14) so our coordinator suggested that we do four up top on risers (bride, groom, maid or honour, and best man), then another table in front of us with the bridesmaids and groomsmen!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweetheart. We're not having a large wedding party, so no need for a head table.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sweetheart table as ot was the best way to have the view of our guests and less work for extra decor.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sweetheart table for us. We have 3 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, with only 2 of the 10 are together, so the rest have other significant others... so rather than dealing with a super lopsided table, we figure we'll have 2 or 3 tables with everyone sitting with their S.O., and we'll be at our own table. I like that it gives us some privacy as well.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Head table but with parents not the bridal party
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Head table! I'm good for being center of attention but we will be enough during the whole day I don't want to sit just us too!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Head table!! We want our wedding party by our sides for the reception!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for reassuring me! We only have about 60 people so I’m hoping it will look good lol
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a head table. all of our wedding party S/O's will know other people or have family invited to the wedding. except 1 groomsmen and 1 bridesmaid. we will sit those S/O's with our core group of friends who will make them feel comfortable and "at home"

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A friend just did this at her wedding. it looked really good (she had a very small wedding. 40 people). so her table was center.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Head table. Less attention on me!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still very much undecided on this one. I guess it'll depend on our final headcount and how that'll fit in the venue. I'd love to eat with my parents, but at the same time, I want them to sit with their family and have fun.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still undecided. As Tori mentioned, I don't want wedding party members having dinner with us and their S.O's having dinner alone.

Most people I talk to have head table as the norm, but I think it'd be cute to have a table to ourselves.

We might also do a head table with our parents instead and have a sibling table

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still undecided on this, and most likely leaving it up to the wedding party.

The wedding party is all of our siblings, so aside from my brother and sister, everyone else's significant other is part of the party. It will come down to whether or not they want to sit with the rest of the family or just sit with us.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Head table sort of.... we're doing a large u-shaped table so will all sit together
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having a wedding party and We don’t want a sweetheart table, sooooo we’ll have to figure that out. I just want us to be able to sit somewhere and blend into the celebration with our guests.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are actually going to sit at a round table surrounded by other round tables. We don’t have a wedding party so we will sit with friends
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the venue is able to accommodate for seating then I would love to have a sweetheart table instead of a head table. I love attention and I hate the idea of our wedding party having to eat their supper at our table while their S/O's are eating alone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics