Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Monique
Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan

Surprise from the Venue and invitation problem

Monique, on February 3, 2020 at 21:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
So a lot has changed, venue-wise, in the past month. The beautiful river spot where we wanted our ceremony ended up being not available due to people from last year having dibs and "possibly" booking the space again. So we asked our venue if we could have the ceremony on the terrace of the ballroom we booked. We had a meeting at the venue and we found out that there will be construction in the reception venue during our wedding date. The venue was very nice and upgraded us to a larger room at no cost and free use to have our ceremony in their garden space, which is originally $2000. As our budget total is $5000, all of the free things are awesome and we're okay with the changes. The problem comes with our invitations: we sent them in October (early I know, but we were excited and our friends had done the same thing for their wedding the previous year with no issues for them). But now with the changes, our ceremony and reception venue have both changed and the invitation locations are wrong! I desperately want to change them but we don't have any wiggle room in the budget to send out new ones. My fiance said we could just do word of mouth but my heart is also a little crushed: I designed the invitations for at least 4-6 months and I loved them. Now they're like a failed diy project kinda. Any suggestions/words of encouragement?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on February 4, 2020 at 16:15
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Paperless Post is the website.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww dont worry!! you could also get some invites on vistaprint that are nice and cheap and let people know the ceremony change only

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which website did you use to make the save the dates? That does sound handy!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Collect emails from your guests (annoying I know) and put together an update card and send online.

I used paperless post for save the dates, and it was completely free and easy to use. Just make sure you look at only the free designs and don't add anything unnecessary like an envelope....its a digital envelope so who cares.

I almost forgot to add...what made paperless post even more amazing is it includes an email tracker where you can see that they were all successfully delivered (or if they bounced), and you can track who has opened it.

• Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good point, better to focus on the positives like the upgrade, thanks Tori!
  • Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point!
  • Monique
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like that idea, similar to a mini invitation. My fiance and I did talk about Facebook sending some too
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's going to be okay!!! Overall people won't even remember the invitations and only the day of your wedding which will benefit you especially since you got the venue upgraded!

As for how to update the guests I would say that if you have them on email or FB you could update them that way? Or maybe make a post about how the location has changed and direct people to your wedding website if you have one? Otherwise I would say to send an update card in the mail which would suck because of cost... but have to get the word out somehow.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Updating your guests let them know where the venue has been changed or location of the ceremony and reception. FB, text and other media can help to see better.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you print a little update card? You could hand deliver some to save on costs, and maybe email a copy to out of town guests so you don't need to mail any (you'll save $0.89 each since postage went up!!)
    You could put something like "don't worry we're still hitting hitched! Our ceremony and reception will now be held at x day at x location/time" and maybe ask that people acknowledge their receipt of the update by email so you know what guests might not have gotten the update.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics