Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Super September 2022 Alberta

Sunset photos

Alyx, on February 1, 2022 at 23:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Does anyone know how I can best fit sunset photos without it being so rushed?

No first look Ceremony at 3pm Cocktail at 4-5:30pmDinner/toasts at 6pmSunset 7pm Dances at 8pm
Is it weird if my fiancé and I to just leave at 7 to do sunset photos? Then come back at 8 for dances? And it seems so rushed especially with my photographer being not too experienced with photographing weddings 😬
I want the sunset photos to have a little special moment alone from everyone and to be with our son as well before he leaves for bedtime.
But I also don’t think there will be enough time to get photos when we’re doing family portraits during cocktail hour. I have a big family and my fiancés family is divorced and remarried, there’s also step siblings.. so lots of family photos! lol I already know we won’t make it to cocktail hour and we’ve accepted that haha
Any brides doing or have done sunset photos how did you fit it into your day?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 5, 2022 at 16:02
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunset pictures are really great to have as we did the same with the photographers idea of going to out for some. Definitely check out spots where you know the view is great from the venue and possible to get the pictures taken at that site if required.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope your timeline works out! It definitely can be difficult planning around the sun. Golden hour for my MOHs wedding is 5pm-6pm
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that is the way it goes isn’t it!!! 😂
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    See that would workout perfect! I wish sunset for us was after dinner but my grandma helped me out with my timeline hopefully things will workout!

The photos will be beautiful!!! You will have to share ☺️
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Theoretically he could take 200 shots in 10 minutes while the sun is setting but instead of 200 different poses, it'll probably be 50 rapid shutter shots of just one pose, 50 of another etc lol.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like 2 days ago I decided I really want golden hour photos so we are adding an extra hour to our photographs package to make sure we can get them! Golden hour is like 8-9pm on our wedding day and cake cutting will be at like 7:30ish so after cake cutting we can dance a bit then just slip away
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope he takes tons of photos and bangs them out!!! Haha
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you're hoping for a ton of golden hour photos, the photographer usually snaps enough to give you around 5-10 shots. Just go in knowing what pose you want to do, bang them out, and no one will notice you stepped out for a bit.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think so too!!
    I worked with my grandma yesterday on my timeline and we made it work! She told me it’s okay to do that, everyone will be fine if we sneak away lol
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think its totally fair to sneak away for some sunset photos.

Ive been doing a lot of googling for photo ideas and one I'm seeing ALOT is sneaking out for sunset photos so it seems to be "the thing to do" right now. It can be a time for people to just relax after eating so they aren't dancing on a full stomach!

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    10 mins is fine for an experienced photographer which I have dealt with for our family/maternity photos. but my photographer isn’t experienced he’s done 3 weddings he works for the news so he’s used to doing that kind of photography.

He’s a family friend but not close with me his gma and my gma are friends lol anyway he gave us a deal so we said yes to him … biggest regret but nothing I can do now 🤷🏼‍♀️ Can’t hire a second photographer not in the budget lol

He took 2 hours to do our engagement photos asking us what poses we should do…. So awkward I had to get my Pinterest out because I didn’t know what we should do!? Now I have to spend the whole day with him for our wedding lol 👍🏻

I’m glad it’s not that strange to leave though! I was worried about that!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ya I’m not sure why it changed my formatting it was
    Like this went I hit sent!

No first look

Ceremony at 3pm

Cocktail at 4-5:30pm

Dinner/toasts at 6pm

Sunset 7pm

Dances at 8pm

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry just realized that's when all your photos are because you aren't doing a first look. Annnd wedding wire did something weird with the formatting and sunset is at 7 lol. So keep in mind the sun will be gone by 7 if sunset is at 7. Golden hour is the hour before. Again, you only need about 10 minutes so sneak out between courses if you're having a sit down dinner.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photos do not take long at all. All you need is 10 minutes for more shots than you'll actually need/want. It is also not weird at all. Many couples do this and it's a great opportunity to spend some alone time with your new husband and soak in what the day really is about. No one will care! We spent 15 minutes doing photos after our ceremony/sparklers outside while guests went back in for cocktail hour. If sunset is 6pm this means the sun will be gone by then so it's perfect to go out near the end of cocktails to do photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics