Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Sunflower Wedding?

Amanda, on March 21, 2021 at 21:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hi Everyone.

My FH and I are planning a August of 2022 wedding, and are hoping and praying COVID will be gone by then. Everywhere we go we are asking for backup plans and alternatives as we really don't wish to postpone our day as we have a apartment closing in September 2022.

My question is tho! Sunflowers!

My favourite flower ever is the sunflower, and I have already got etsy designs with sunflowers for the invitation purchased as a gift from a family member.

What colours would you put with this? Also considering its an August wedding we don't want to include dark blues or burgundys. I have thought about it, but I'm not sure. I want the colours and the room to feel light and bright.

Any ideas, suggestions, photos and opinions are welcome!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on March 23, 2021 at 20:02
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!!
    i think I am starting to love light purples in the form of lavenders
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The sunflower does go nicely with light shades of blues/lavender as its brightness does give the contrast.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay another sunflower wedding girl! After a while on social media I was starting to think I was alone in this sunflower fantasy!
    I love the royal blue idea! Thanks so much!!
    We’re currently playing with light blues, greens and purples! I may have to consider this!
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also going with sunflowers, and it wasn't even a question for us - BRIGHT blue with the yellow.

I don't know if you would consider this to be a dark blue, but we're doing something similar to the below. I think it would look awesome in August as well!

We went this route as yellow is my favourite colour, and this colour blue is my FH's. We love the brights Smiley laugh

Sunflower Wedding? 1

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!!
    i love the blues specifically the lighter blues and purples!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are beautiful!
    Thank you so much!!
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I just got lost on Pinterest and love all of these sunflower combosSunflower Wedding? 2
    Sunflower Wedding? 3

Sunflower Wedding? 4

Sunflower Wedding? 5

Sunflower Wedding? 6

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Several shades of blue, including turquoise/teal would pair well with sunflowers. Brighter shades of pink-purple or just pink would also look great! I think you could pick any of the colours from these bouquets and pair them up in a really beautiful way. If you want the yellow to stand out and like an airy/light feel, then going for white/cream/grey would also look pretty.

Do you specifically want the bright yellow sunflower? What about white, pale yellow, or red ones? That could also open options up!

Sunflower Wedding? 7

Sunflower Wedding? 8

Sunflower Wedding? 9

Sunflower Wedding? 10

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No! I'm open to any colour suits, navy, grey or black. As long as the ties/bow ties and pocket squares look good with the bridesmaids dresses and are similar colour.

We also have a man on my side of the bridal party (my brother) and a girl on my FH's side of the bridal party too (his close friend). So I really want these colours to fit together seamlessly!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pale blue would be pretty, and it's usually pretty flattering on a lot of skin tones! Plus that way the flowers really pop against a lighter fabric.

You could do a similar or slightly darker shade for the groomsmen's ties or pocket squares. Are navy suits part of your ban on navy?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics