Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Sunday Weddings?!

Amanda, on August 15, 2022 at 23:44 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

What would you do if Friday & Saturday were all booked up?? Would you pick Sunday as your wedding date!!??

Who's all getting married on a Sunday??!!

My husband and I got married on a Sunday! (August 7th, 2022)

We decided to do it this way because of two reasons.

First was since postponing twice, our first date choice was already taken. We wanted to have it on the same weekend, so we decided to take the Sunday!

Second, our venue decided to give us a thousand dollars off from our final bill if we decided to choose Sunday! That was honestly a no brainer!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 18, 2022 at 11:51
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunday weddings are great and if we couldn't get any date on a Saturday I would have picked a Sunday day if I had too.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We actually had the owner speak to us over the phone who offered us the discount! And what amazed me the most was since we picked the buffet dinner it was a min of 50 people and when we told them that we only had 41 guests they only charged us for the 41 and not the 50 😲😲 Oh we had the big dinner and the dancing! Everyone except one couple that had two kids under 5 stayed until the very last song!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunday is a great option! Most venues will give larger discounts for its least busy days and you don't have to have the big dinner, dancing etc if you don't want it...

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I personally think any day of the week is a great day for a wedding, we're just so custom to having them on Saturdays that we don't really think about any of the other days!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunday isn't a bad day for a wedding since you got a big discount for it plus postponing twice was hard enough to get the right date you wanted. Its the busiest days of the weekend for weddings being Friday and Saturdays now since everyone wants the weekend to party. Our wedding was on a Friday though Sunday was the same price if we had a smaller crowd than medium.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this!!! I think Sunday weddings are great! For my husband and I and all of our guests as well, this was all of our first time for a Sunday wedding and I have to say we all enjoyed it!

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married on a Sunday 😊 I always imagined getting married on a Sunday anyways, plus all the Saturdays we wanted were booked (even though we booked over a year in advance!). My main choice for date was the first weekend of fall, wether that was a Saturday or Sunday wasn’t all that important to me (although crazy coincidence, I found out that my fiancé and I actually started talking on the original date we had picked - the 24th of September - when I was looking through old texts!)
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our entire guest list came to Kelowna BC for our wedding so everyone was on a little vacation! Only a few left a little bit early only because they had two kids under 5 which is totally understandable! Other then that everyone stayed until the end of the night!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the numerical pattern to your dates! Smiley heart

I totally agree with you! The people that really want to be there will be there no matter what!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did not know that! That's awesome!

• Devan
    Newbie June 2023 British Columbia
    Devan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding last Sunday, the 7th. The planning started as an elopement package (with optional add ons) and all they had left was Sunday. Her original reception venue sold within 2 months from the wedding date, and the new owners refused to honor any bookings. The benefit of us needing a Sunday, is we had much more available options for our plan b!

It worked out amazingly because 90% of us were from minimum 6hrs away, so everyone made a full weekend trip out of it! Of course though, we all took Monday off, but everyone had ample time to plan their work schedules. Every guest I talk to is still raving about it.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married on a Sunday because we liked the date better! Our original dating anniversary is August 17/17 and we got married on May 22/22 so I like that the numerical pattern is kinda similar. Since we got married on May long weekend most people had Monday off as well! I also believe anyone who really wants to be at your wedding will be there regardless of what day of the week you get married on.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Jewish weddings are on Sunday's! It's not totally out of the norm!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunday > Friday. People always talk about guests having to leave early on a Sunday but I rather that than to subject them to having to travelling during rush hour to make a Friday night ceremony/reception, or having to use a vacation day off work to attend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics