Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Sunday weddings

Marcie, on February 24, 2017 at 16:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
After meeting with venue of choice decided to save money and do a Sunday wedding
Thoughts?

Sunday weddings - 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on February 28, 2017 at 16:14
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married on a Sunday as well!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is a fine idea, my little brother and his fiancee are getting married next year and they chose to get married on a friday

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a Sunday brunch wedding. Our ceremony will start at 11:30am and everything will be wrapped up probably by 3:30 or 4pm, so it won't affect people who need to travel a few hours or who have to work the next day. Also, we're not doing a DJ and dance party or anything, we opted for a more laid-back style with lawn games and just good old fashioned socializing Smiley smile It's a great format for us because we wanted something small, we're expecting about 25-30 guests total. Everyone has been super excited about it so far. It's fun to do something a bit out of the ordinary!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Marcie! Smiley heart That's great! Would you have something on Saturday too like get together with your family? Let us know what you decide to do! I can't wait to hear your plans! Smiley smile

• M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah my family who i see once a year or less get to spend all sat together
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Samesies! It's cool because it turns into a weekend event for our out own town family
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to a Sunday wedding and it was nice to attend as it's more laid back. I say go for it! What do you vision for your wedding?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a Sunday wedding! Not every venue gives you discounts in Sundays. We are getting married on a long weekend so our traveling family doesn't have to take time off work!
  • Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also doing a Sunday wedding. I picked a Sunday of a long weekend. Most of our family and friends have the Monday off.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I think Sunday is fine, I'm getting married during the week, and no one has an issue with that.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could you give us some more information on what sort of thoughts you're looking for? I think Sunday weddings are fine and like Val said, they are great for a brunch wedding! Are most of your guests local or from out of town? If they're from out of town, then they will probably have to take the Mon off to travel back. Also, you may have some people leaving early depending on how late the wedding goes and how far away they live because people have work the next day. If you do an early afternoon ceremony and an early dinner, it should give people plenty of time to make it home without making it a late night. What are you envisioning for the wedding?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would personally prefer to go to a Friday wedding over a Sunday. But it depends on the vibe you're going for. A nice brunch wedding would be wonderful but if you want a party vibe then I think Friday would be better. We seriously debated a Friday before we decided to just go off season to afford the Saturday

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics