Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Summer/fall 2023 Brides and Grooms

Carine, on September 19, 2022 at 10:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

What are your plans this winter, any wedding projects, wedding bookings or are you just going to enjoy the winter until spring?

I still have little final touches, I will work on that since I am not a winter person.

24 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on October 5, 2022 at 15:22
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's coming so fast, like where did summer go? We got this!!!

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm totally ready for the planning to be over and have the ceremony then party

tired-af-crying.gif

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya that is a good Idea, that's my plan until March-April, then I feel like everything will fly by and it will be all over.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ill be taking a break until the new year then reviewing everything to make sure im happy with my choices still then focusing on dress fittings and making sure everyone is getting their delegated tasks done as well

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I see, you can always make a weekend of it, some shopping, pampering while you are there.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There are a few seamstresses in town but I've been lucky that I'm the size of the model dress so I won't have to get any crazy major alterations done. I figured I would fly down, get the alterations and then have them fly the dress back to me. If I have any little things that need to get done for it to fit properly then I will contact a seamstress.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel like that will be the biggest stress would be your dress, do you not have a seamstress in your town and get it done closer to home? Mine is coming in February as well, I have to drive 45 minutes away but she comes highly recommended buy the shop. I have trust issues but I need to do what is best for me and my dress.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be paying things off and getting the smaller things together (decorations.) I have all of the major things booked and done so I think it might be a somewhat non stressful Winter. Who knows, though? Something could come up that could throw a wrench in my plans!

My dress does come in February and because I bought it out of town (Toronto) I'll have to fly down in order to get my major alterations done. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am, I started planning in the new year, my Fiance bought me a wedding planner for Christmas.

Jessica Simpson has these beautiful wedding shoes i've been eyeing, they even have a blue stone on the bottom with happily ever after, so I am thinking of waiting for black Friday.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! you are really ahead of the game LOL. As for shoes, I am also torn. My fiancé found these gorgeous shoes for himself and they are pretty expensive so I think I may do the same thing. Like Jimmy Choo does customizable bridal shoes that you can create on the website.... I am seriously debating it!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm just waiting for my cricut to arrive and I'll have everything pretty much done except the parents gifts.

I am making a lot of the stuff since it's cheaper than having someone do it for me or buy it brand new.

I am thinking of making my own welcome sign, I just need a mirror. but I have time to look around.

accessories I just need shoes, I keep finding nice ones but can't decide.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since I have everything booked, I think this winter will be for me to start purchasing the little things. I already got my card box that I have been looking for EVERYWHERE. I reached out about a cake knife and serving spoon set, I am also pretty sold on what I want as my accessories, guest board, cake stand and topper, cupcake stand, gifts for the wedding party.

So yeah, that is what I will be working on this winter. Some things I need to hold off on until I get my exact numbers and names of guests to purchase my wedding welcome sign, menus, place cards, etc.

But I am super excited! I rather purchase throughout than have a $3000 bill for a one time purchase at the same time!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That will keep you busy. I need a cricut for most of my bridal gifts, once I get my hands on one my bulk of my project will be done. Grooms gift I'm getting him little things, I've been collecting them since I found my inspiration. But now I will have to come up with Christmas presents that will beat how great is grooms gift is.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This winter I am going to finish all of our centrepieces, work on bridal party gifts, and order my FH wedding gift so it will arrive in time to be engraved.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you and I will post pictures soon.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely cannot pull that off LOL. Great winter project. I wish you good luck

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Should be fairly easy since the white dog there is like my little man, and the brown one I just have to make him look like a boxer. It's the hairless cat that will be harder. But that's my winter project.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG i love it!!!! That is a great idea.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure, I'm doing my two dogs and cat, this is my example.

Summer/fall 2023 Brides and Grooms 1

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I fell that is how spring will be for me. Everything is booked just need to finalize things with the Venue.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that sounds interesting. Definitely post a pic when you have it done Smiley smile

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Winter is always fun with kids around.

I think I have a lot to do, but really I don't have much. A lot has to wait until the Spring anyways since my venue is doing the most of it. I just have my little extras to do. Also going to attempt making my topper with Clay so that will take up a lot of time.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did most of my planning during winter - venue hunting, decorator meets, coordinator interviews, etc. It was easier to book time to meet with them during this period as opposed to summer when they were busy working actual weddings while juggling a ton more of requests from prospective couples.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure I will probably have some final things to do. What those could be right now, who knows LOL. Hoping to spend most of my time with the Kid when she's back from school Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics