Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Summer 2022 and Covid

Gabriella, on September 21, 2021 at 20:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hi everyone!

My fiancé and I are looking to book our wedding for Summer 2022. I’m wondering if anyone else looking at this date is booking an indoor ceremony or reception. We have found some great venues that work for us, however a lot of them offer indoor spaces only. I know it is hard to predict what next summer will be like with Covid and safety, but I was curious what other people are doing for next summer. Thanks!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on September 30, 2021 at 15:00
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in June 2022, and we have an indoor reception at a community hall. We figure it should be okay, if vaccine passports are still a thing it will just mean all our guests need to be double vaxxed which is fine, and our numbers are way below the venue capacity anyways. I have hope that things will be okay by the spring/summer
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would hope the weather is good by then and your wedding can be outdoors if the option opens up by then for the venue. If not, indoors seems fair if they that is the only option given. It would be a good question to ask if they would offer outdoors upon the months time near the wedding.

• G
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Darbi! You Too!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am in Alberta!
  • G
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Rayanne!
  • G
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Liberty! What province are you in?
  • G
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Gabriella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for sharing Amanda!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an outdoor ceremony and even though an outdoor reception was a possibility for us, we opted out of it for an indoor reception. The main reason was guest count and protection from the elements. Whether it be a heat wave or rain, we didn't want to feel uncomfortable. If that meant wearing masks while inside the building, so be it.

If you're not concerned with guests potentially being unvaxxed, I think an indoor option would be fine. Like others have said, find a bigger space so that you can accommodate whatever group you're hoping to host.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of people had indoor weddings the last 18 months simply because there aren't that many outdoor spaces that can host a reception. How many are you looking to host? A smaller wedding (under 50) is certainly doable but with larger weddings you're basically inside a tent, which is pretty much an indoor space (especially when some couples use those circus tent type setups) unless you have all the sides open.

• Darbi
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Darbi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have booked for an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception in Banff for August 2022. We are really hoping things will work out and we can go ahead with our initial plans. We don't plan to postpone so if things aren't better by then we will just be going ahead with it anyways. Good luck planning!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is this Jan and we are just going to do what we can. This Fri we have an appointment with venue so we can figure how many guests we can have and all the other rules and regulations we'll have to follow. We postponed last year and we just don't want to any more. I think any wedding can be amazing with a bit of work. Anything from a microwedding to the big wedding. We will find our perfect day working around the restrictions at this point.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are indoors for June 2022. We will be going ahead. Currently, for Ontario, guests need to be fully vaxxed- and if you want dancing you have to drop down to 25-30% of venue capacity (dependent on venue) hopefully the dancing part will change- however- I don’t think the vax passport will be over until 2023. We won’t postpone again- so we will be taking our loss in money (for the guests we already paid for and won’t be refunded) and forging ahead with dancing.
    If you’re concerned with restrictions for numbers, I recommend finding a venue that has a very large space- as most indoor venues are offering to move couples over to a larger space to accommodate the restrictions- always a good idea to ask when you check out venues what their Plan B is if you choose to go ahead on your day. I have found that most have some really good options (unless it is a small venue).
    Good luck with the venue search!!! It’s so exciting 🙂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are booked for May 2022 with an indoor reception. As of right now guests will need to be vaccinated or produce a negative covid test. I have accepted this may mean some important people may not attend. Our guest count is also around 50% of the venue capacity so I feel good about our wedding
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are August 7 2022 in BC and our venue is outside and inside. Our ceremony will be outside and our reception is indoors. I'm really crossing my fingers for inside for reception since the space is beautiful. We've already postponed twice once in 2020 and in 2021 as well and don't want to do it again

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics