Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caitlyn
Newbie December 2021 New Brunswick

Suits!

Caitlyn, on May 19, 2021 at 22:28 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
Hey everyone! I jumped on the mismatched colour of bridesmaid gowns bandwagon and now I have my three girls wearing three different shades of blue. But now I’m struggling to coordinate the guys outfit. I have dusty pink ties but now I’m thinking that may be too much going on colour wise... maybe I should keep it neutral with a grey in grey... thoughts? I wasn’t thinking of trying to match up the guys with the girls three different gowns. Shades of the gowns for reference. Thanks! ☺️Suits! 1

3 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on May 20, 2021 at 22:11
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the pink tie will be fine. I personally would prefer it over a grey tie if they're wearing a grey suit. Not a fan of full monochromatic when it comes to suiting with accessories. In my opinion, it's too bland and lacks dimension, especially if they two greys are really close. All that grey will just completely overwhelm the outfit.

One thing you can do is, if the girls are doing any alterations where they need to cut material from the dress, try to make a pocket square out of it for each of the guys. If you do go with a pink tie, make sure their pocket square is not pink. Whatever you do, never match the pocket square to the tie.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think pairing grey suits with these blue dresses will look lovely together

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that adding in pink might be too much, unless you're really playing up pink and blue in the rest of your wedding decor. I think going with another blue shade or one of the dresses would work well (for all the ties - trying to match them to each dress would be a nightmare!), or any neutral like a grey or even a silver or cream could also be nice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics