Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eartha
Devoted April 2017 Ontario

Suit rental

Eartha, on November 18, 2016 at 13:36 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 20

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good and cheap place to rent suits for my FH?

We haven't begun to even start looking yet and I'm starting to get worried we might not have enough time.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Eartha, on November 21, 2016 at 09:40
  • Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I do plan on going with him... Unless he wants to just go with his groomsmen on his own.

I'm open to either options Smiley smile I will keep you all posted about our discoveries and search for the perfect rental

I just booked my officiant over the weekend so I can cross off one more thing off my list ^_^

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Eartha!! I'm so glad you got so many helpful comments in here! I think you have a few places to check out now! Smiley winking Let us know how it goes! You can also take a look at the suits rentals in your area to see what they have to offer: Wedding Suits Toronto I can't wait to see what your FH will go for! Keep us posted Smiley smile Will you go shopping with him?

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No problem!!! Also we started looking the middle of December last year as my Grandpa didn't make it to Christmas so we didn't look on Boxing day so I would start looking right in December and keep your eyes open for a sale! Who knows when the sale will happen and then worse comes to worse you wait until Boxing Day and I am sure you will find something then!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is wearing his suit from Moore's. It's by a brand called English Laundry. They make great suits and on sale the price will be awesome. I think we paid $220 with all the discounts! But come January there are a few bridal shows happening in the GTA and you get good promotions on rentals. But buying a suit would make more sense then renting if you can find it in your budget.
  • Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh thanks for the heads upI guess this boxing day shopping goal will be finding a nice suit / tux Smiley laugh
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with moores because we are getting 40% each of the guys suits and everything is included with it (socks, shoes, vest, tie, shirt, pocket square and then the jacket and pants). I got lucky because my one bridesmaid's husband is a family friend of the guy giving us the discount. But if you have a certain amount of groomsmen you get a free suit rental I think or something like that.

Also a good time to look for suits is in December. Last year my grandfather didn't have a lot of time left in his life and he had asked my FH to be a pallbearer and so we needed to go out and get him a suit as he didn't have one. We went to moores and ended up finding a Calvin Klein suit that was around 800-1000 originally but we got it for about 200 and that was to buy it so if you look at the right time you can find amazing sales there!

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is true, you and I both are both getting married in April!!! SO EXCITIING Smiley laugh Smiley heart Smiley laugh

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No worries! Always feel free to ask if you have timeline questions Smiley winking

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem, I am super happy with them and how they have handle not only my FH but my son .. they have been great and havent broken the bank either!

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Natasha,

I'm going to try and see if we can drive to one closeby Smiley laugh

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks!

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow, that is quite annoying

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Valerie, phew! Smiley laugh

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a bunch of coupons from bridal shows. Could you check for suits at second hand shops? (like buying a second hand dress) The good news is that suits can be ordered much later than dresses, so you're not behind!! The only thing that would take this much time is if you were buying custom. For rentals or buying you're fine if you decide by late January

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh that's super annoying they didn't tell you! Glad it worked out though

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went through Moores as well and loved it! (They are partnered with Men's Warehouse in the States so we were able to check things out here and then order up there which was great.) We had a small wedding party but I think if you have a larger wedding party, the groom gets a discount on his suit/tux if you have a certain amount of groomsmen renting as well. Something to look into!

The only issue we had with Moores was that they did not tell us that there is a minimum size that our ring bearer had to be in order to rent a suit from them. We had told them how old he was (almost 3 yrs old) and they said to wait until a month before the wedding to give them the measurements (since kids grow so fast). We gave them the measurements and suddenly they were like "the smallest we have is a 4T so you'll need to buy him a suit." Luckily we were able to find something that worked and it was probably better in the long run because he made a mess of his suit by the end of the day but we would have appreciated that information up front!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good luck!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had great service and to me it wasnt expensive at Collins formal wear ... I dont know if you have one near you ... but they were amazing and worked completely with us to achieve our look.. they are even completely modifying a vest to fit my son so he looks just like my FH

• Eartha
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Melissa.

Yeah I've heard Moores is great, yet the prices for them are a little steeper than we want Smiley atonished

That's why I'm trying to see if anyone had any luck looking for suits Smiley tongue

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Luckily suit rentals are a bit easier to arrange than wedding gowns! You still have time Smiley smile

Moores is kind of the go- to rental place for suits, and the price varies depending on the style. I do recommend your FH try on his suit at the store when he picks it up....My sister's Husband did not, and his pants were too short! He made it work, but it wasn't the best Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics