To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Suit colour for a fall themed wedding?

Megan, on June 6, 2021 at 18:58 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9

Suit colour for a fall themed wedding? 1

Suit colour for a fall themed wedding? 2
Hi everyone!
My fiancè and I have booked our wedding for October 8, 2022. The ceremony/cocktail hour will be outdoors and the dinner/reception will be held in a barn with a rustic atmosphere. We decided on Fall colours (being in Ontario) with bridesmaids in a rust/cinnamon colour. A few accent colours for the decor and bouquets would be light neutral tones. My fiancè is hooked on a navy coloured suit. I'm wondering if navy goes with the colour theme? Ideally, him and I dont think navy needs to be included in the beige, rust, neutral colour theme since it would just be the suit colour. What do you think? Navy suits wont be a big deal, stick to our original colours.. or include navy in a few decor pieces? Is that too many colours/themes going on? Thanks for your ideas and input!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lucia, on June 28, 2021 at 15:52
  • Lucia
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Lucia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dress colour is beautiful that you picked, and yes Navy definitely goes. It’s considered a neutral as well.
    I have the same colour dress picked out for the ladies for my October wedding and the guys will be wearing dark navy suits. The Decor at the venue is lighter cream colours with just the centre pieces or flowers having the accent colour.
    Honestly though it is your special day so make sure to do whatever you and your partner like. Lol no matter what you do I’m sure someone will say how it could of been done different . Have fun planning and congratulations on your big day 😃
  • Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dresses are very pretty and i think light brown suits will match the bridesmaid

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Navy is great for a fall colour scheme! My cousin and his groomsmen wore navy in his September wedding a few years ago.

I also think navy looks fantastic with orange-y rust shades

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I honestly just google searched navy and rust color options and these came up Smiley smile

• S.
    Beginner October 2022 British Columbia
    S. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is soooo pretty!

I am an autumn bride too and really like this colour combo. Do you remember where / at which site did you see this idea?

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Megan,
    My fiancé and I are having a fall rustic wedding as well. Our colours are burgundy, gold, grey and greenery. My fiancé and groomsmen will be wearing charcoal grey.

I personally love your colours and your believe dark navy blue for sure will work amazing with that option. Also, love the colour scheme that Amanda shared. Great options to choose and see.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think rust and navy will go great together! Here's some pictures that I've come across with that color theme

Suit colour for a fall themed wedding? 3

Suit colour for a fall themed wedding? 4

Suit colour for a fall themed wedding? 5

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a dark navy suit would like great with the colours you've chosen. You don't need to incorporate that navy into any of your other decor though, in my opinion
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your standard suit colours (grey, charcoal, navy) are pretty universal and won't clash with anything. They can be worn at all times of the year. Personally, and this would be my preference if I'm wearing navy in the fall as a groom, I would avoid a "rust/cinnamon" tie. First, it would feel like he's trying to match the bridesmaid dresses and if anything, he should be coordinating to match you! I would keep my ensemble fairly neutral: charcoal wool tie is sharp, dark enough of a shade for high formality without being depressing like black. Wool material also keeps it seasonal for the fall. Alternatively, pair it with one of your neutrals (Is it something along the lines of blush? That would go well with navy).

Finish the ensemble with a white pocket square (white being the most formal colour), and a pair of chestnut/walnut brown belt and shoes to finish the ensemble. You can also use a seasonal flower as the boutonniere to further reflect the season.

If your groomsmen are also wearing navy suits, they can incorporate the rust/cinnamon to match the bridesmaids via the pocket square. It's subtle and looks coordinated but won't look too overly matchy matchy with the bridesmaids. Just don't match it to the tie. Get a tie that works with the pocket square (patterned brown tie?) but not an exact match - that's a no no in menswear and comes off as looking too matchy matchy, as if dressed for prom.

The suit colour isn't usually included in the colour scheme. If anything, I'd avoid having suit colours be part of the decor so it doesn't overwhelm the outfit (imagine your fiancee wearing a navy suit sitting behind a table with navy table cloths).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics