Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie October 2022 Alberta

Suggestions for a “jacket/shawl/wrap for dress

Sarah, on December 8, 2021 at 21:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hello 😃
I am needing ideas for something to wear over my dress. It’s sleeveless and I HATE my arms 🙈 but I can work with that. We are getting married in October and it could snow, or be beautiful Fall day.
I can’t think of any ideas as what I could get? I dont like the furry/fluffy type. It’s a beautiful dress, lace at top, silk bottom, and I don’t want to ruin it. Any help is greatly appreciated ❤️

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on December 23, 2021 at 12:08
  • Kelsey
    Beginner January 2022 Saskatchewan
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didnt think I liked fur either until I ordered the York Fur Shawl off this Canadian website!

https://www.davieandchiyo.com/collections/shawls

It is so beautiful and soft/cozy! I haven't had my wedding yet but everytime I try it on it feels like I am wrapped in a blanket!

They also have beautiful cover-up tops too

https://www.davieandchiyo.com/collections/cover-ups-tops

• Shauna
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! I had the same conundrum! I got married October 3rd and it was SO hot and humid I never even wore the shawl I crocheted for myself. Anywho I did get these chiffon off-the-shoulder sleeves to add to the dress because I also don't like my arms but I loved my dress neckline and I didn't want anything that would cover it up. Here's the link to the sleeves: https://www.etsy.com/listing/697190395/detachable-bridal-sleeves-detachable
    Is your wedding outdoors? Our venue was outside but they had patio heaters, so even if it was cold I probably wouldn't have needed the shawl anyways. Plus when you're busy and hyped up and running around being a bride you'll probably be too warm for one. My opinion only 🤷‍♀️
    Suggestions for a “jacket/shawl/wrap for dress 1

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I never thought of a cape! That’s an awesome idea! Thank you 😊
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about a cape? Can be warm for the winter or just sheer. I’m considering a cape instead of a veil for my wedding. Suggestions for a “jacket/shawl/wrap for dress 2

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are soooo pretty! Thank you 😊
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My photos didn’t post the first time- but this is what I mean.
    Suggestions for a “jacket/shawl/wrap for dress 3
    Suggestions for a “jacket/shawl/wrap for dress 4
    Suggestions for a “jacket/shawl/wrap for dress 5

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love these tops from Park & Fifth, they add a little coverage but are still elegant.

If you don’t want fur but still want to be warm, a knit shawl or a simple white scarf could work!

Etsy has so much good stuff- I think they actually have a whole category dedicated to wedding jackets and shawls.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics