Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Curious September 2020 British Columbia

Stumped on a Veil??

Katelyn, on July 30, 2019 at 20:48 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 13
Hey all! I have my dress (blessed with pockets!) and have been thinking of wearing a veil along with it, but I’m stumped on what kind/style/look to go for! I’ve tried on a couple shorter ones, but they don’t suit me very well, so I was thinking of going for something a bit longer.

Stumped on a Veil?? 1

Stumped on a Veil?? 2

13 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on July 31, 2019 at 17:46
  • J
    Newbie September 2019 Quebec
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could also consider doing a thick head band or tiara to keep your dress very visible.

I decided to make my own veil so I can get the exact length I want (and keep it affordable). I felt a veil is simple enough to make, and the stitches don’t have to be perfect over lace. I got a big piece of tulle and a lace fabric that I could cut a string of flowers out of to make a trim.

Stumped on a Veil?? 3
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lovely dress, a bit jealous that it comes with pockets!!

Someone mentioned that a birdcage veil would look really nice, and I agree! A birdcage was my original plan for my dress, pictured below. I trimmed it a bit more so it doesn't cover my nose/mouth.

Stumped on a Veil?? 4

However, I stumbled across an Etsy shop that did ombre veils and I fell in love! I ordered a cathedral length with a blue ombre:

Stumped on a Veil?? 5

I plan on using both veils, the ombre for ceremony/photos and the birdcage for some photos/reception. I don't know if I'd get an ombre veil with your dress, but a floor length or cathedral length veil with no detail would look nice too!

• Michelle
    Frequent user August 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried a birdcage? I think it would actually look great with this dress!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something simple would look great with this dress.. I'm all for the long veil! Maybe floor length.

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful dress. I agree with the majority. Floor length with little or no detail so as not to compete with the lace on your dress. Yay for pockets!!!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do floor length and the dress is beautiful!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would either go with a veil that goes to your waist/elbows or I would go with a floor length veil. I wouldn't go with one that is super short or with one that goes past your dress length though.

High Five on the pockets though!! I have on my dress too!! Super stoked to use them Smiley tongue

• K
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Katrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go at least floor length and simple tool to match the overlay of your dress.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ok, super jealous you have pockets in your dress... that is amazing.

I think cathedral veil would look really good. Keep it simple so that it doesn't hide all the detail in your dress!

• Julie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe a cathedral veil would look lovely with your dress 😍. That’s what I have for my wedding and I have a dress similar to yours for the length.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd suggest a elbow or fingertips length. Your dress has so much beautiful details and I wouldn't cover that up, even if is just the back.
    Either way you go it will look beautiful!
    I am personally a fan of plain veils, especially with lace dresses but once again I think whatever you pick will look good!
  • Katelyn
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you💕! I was thinking the same as you, cathedral length! I just can’t decide what to get, plain, lace trim, ribbon trim... Guess I have some shopping to do!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off I love your dress! I can imagine you in a long cathedral-length veil, I think it would look really elegant with your gown Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics