Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kimberly
Beginner September 2023 Saskatchewan

Stressful

Kimberly, on January 27, 2022 at 18:54 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Never realized how stressful planning a wedding could be! How is everyone else dealing with it?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on February 13, 2022 at 00:42
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Planning is hard!!!!!! I am finding out the hard way now.

So tempted to do a wedding planner
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We found a venue ♡♡♡♡ after all the horrible things happen. Thanks!!!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love love!!! Honestly the way things booking so fast. I feel like there isn't alot of time
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!! I appreciate the feedback... I will look on line... I love check lists!!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning is stressful though there are times it makes it fun too. I had to research vendors online every day until I did find the right ones at the budget they would work with me. Its just a matter of getting one task completed to move on to another and knowing you have the information ready and a budget you want to spend.

There are wedding planning sheets available online if you feel that is going to work for you and this site does have a To Do List that can be checked off too once completed if that gives you some insight. It did work for me and have to say its wonders of what isn't needed though its suggested.

• Gwen
    Beginner August 2022 Alberta
    Gwen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a free "all-in-one wedding planning" Google Sheet online that's been a real-life-saver. Also just like everyone says, one thing at a time! Looks like you've got lots of time though so that really helps. This community has also been wonderful.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the best way to start is to decide on the budget and find your venue- without that booking other vendors will be difficult...

• Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wine. Also asking for input and delegating. My MIL and my mom both want to be involved. Also a clear list of what to do. We set assign a weekend day each month to do wedding things (some evenings are spent but having a day where we don't have other plans is huge). Date night with my groom to take time to vent, celebrate, or have a night with no wedding talk.
    It's supposed to be a fun day, but I have to remind myself that it's just one day. I'm getting married for all the days after, not the one.
  • Rebecca
    Beginner August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I immediately invested in a wedding planner because I also suck at planning 😂😂 She's been such a lifesaver but at the same time if it's not in the budget to have a WP I find that my friends (especially the bridal party) are super excited to help plan!! Good luck!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no!!! I hope you can find something! I know it's not easy having to change your plans

My fiance and I have postponed twice so I can feel your pain

• Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks♡♡♡ We just had to change our venue. And now back on the hunt
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly just taking it one step at a time and one day at a time!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yeah I had the same troubles as I am planning in under a year and alot of postponed brides had taken alot of 2022 dates. But I figured once I got the venue/date locked in, the rest fell in place.
    Have you considered a planner? Haha then you can let someone else do all the sucky stuff 😛
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly wish I had lots of time. Lol. I am finding out that booking fast. Also I suck at planning
    My fiancé is no help🤣. Yes this app been so helpful!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One step at a a time! Also, I found this site can be super helpful with what needs to be done when. Just take a look at your "tasks" and start there.

Plus it looks like you have lots of time - so no need to be stressed! Enjoy being engaged and just ride it out!

Also - the community here is great if you need help or tips!

You got this!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics