Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Stressed out!

Meghan, on May 9, 2018 at 07:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Up until now I haven’t been very stressed with the wedding planning. I’ve gotten most things done pretty early and felt like I had lot of time to deal with the smaller things. A job opportunity came up a few days ago and I got the call yesterday that I got it! Now I’m leaving on Saturday to drive to Labrador (about a 3 day drive) and won’t be home until the first week in July! I feel like when I get back I’m going to be in a mad rush trying to figure out all the details for our Aug 10th wedding!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on May 11, 2018 at 15:10
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try to do as much little things as you can while you're away. Or ask your wedding party to step in and help out your FH!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only way to get help from people you trust to help with your wedding stuff. Get someone who communicates well.

You can also do some planning from your computer.

I'm unexpectedly away and have limited communications and problems.
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh man I 100% know how your feeling. I felt the same way at the beginning, everything was coming together and things were done well in advance. Now I’m 5 months out and like holy there is so much to do! Haha 😂 I head home May long weekend to get some things done but then won’t be back till 2 weeks before the wedding. So I’m freaking out a little now haha. Do you have a wedding planner? I highly recommend it if you don’t, hiring one has helped so much it’s crazy.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! A job is exciting!

As others have said, I wouldn't stress too much. Most things can be done by phone and email - we are lucky to live in a time when skype and facetime make seeing things in real time easy, even from the other side of the country! Your fiancé can go to meetings; just make sure they are at a location with wifi at a time you can be available in Labrador, and you can join the meeting virtually.

I also think having a bridesmaid or family member you trust step in to help is a great option.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well congratulations in the job! And I'm in the same boat as you. My fiance had been back and forth to BC from Ontario for a couple months with a job opportunity. End of February we found out he got the job and we had to move from Ontario to BC. Difference for us is that our wedding is in a year. Exactly one week before the move we also found out that were expecting our first child. Meaning ALL the big plans have to be sorted out before the baby arrives and it all has to be done from across the country.. best advice is don't over think it. It's turning out to be less stressful than I thought, of course some parts are more stressful but as long as you have a great support system you should be fine! Emailing will be your absolutel best friend! Just inform all your vendors you've booked already about the contact situation and they will be more than happy to do whatever they need to make it easier for you!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All I can say is first:

1. CONGRATS ON THE JOB. That's amazing!

2. Take a deep breathe

3. Do you have people staying in the area? Most of the planning I do is by phone or email, and there's been very few times I need to physically go somewhere, however if you have someone in the area, they can do the leg work for you!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you got a lot of the big decisions done, most of the finishing touches can be done through phone (if possible) and the ones that can't you can do when you get back. A little suggestion may be to write down all the tasks you have left to do, and see which ones can be done while your away, and which ones will have to wait, and also get your FH to help, or delegate some of the tasks to someone you trust (bridal party, or family). Your almost there! Your wedding will be very beautiful! Smiley heart

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find a lot of details are done through email or phone, so I wouldn't worry too much. Do you have a bridesmaid or family member that could step in and send you pictures or pick-up last minute things?
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, that’s what I’ll have to do! He’s not coming with me so he could do some of the stuff while I’m gone but I know he’s not going to be comfortable making any of the decisions alone so it’s no good to send him to meet with the decorator etc haha
    We were supposed to meet with the decorator this month and I just heard back from her and she said July will be fine so that’s a bit of a relief. Our meeting with the photographer was set for July anyways so we’re good there to!
    I also have to move my shower date to July now. It’s going to be a busy month!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like you said, you’ve got most things done, so hopefully that eases your stress. Is you FH going with you? Maybe you could continue to plan and schedule so that when you come back, you have an exact list of what still needs to be done

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics