Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Annie
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Stress

Annie, on January 13, 2022 at 22:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
Anyone getting stressed because they are too relaxed?
Like, I am (was?) super relaxed with everything. Now that is the year of the wedding, I feel like there is a bunch of stuff to do. And I think I should be more stressed about getting things done and ready, than I actually am! But then I think, it's still more than 8months away... But how fast will those 8 months go by really?! 😣

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 26, 2022 at 13:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You have taken care of the major part of the list where as the little details can be done now. The stress may feel its there though you just know not everything on the To Do List will be done as its not needed. As long you know your making the payments for the final and thinking of the centerpieces to be rental vs. buying is less expensive.

• Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have still so much to do and its so hard that i am getting stress!!!

• BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A wedding is always stressful and that's okay. This is a very important event. Therefore, plan everything thoroughly and go ahead!

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no really, i haven't even thought about that yet. i will reach out to my decorator to see if she has a florist she recommends me using

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello my fellow Ontarian. Having people fly in does make it difficult. Have you set a plan B if they do have restrictions to 50%? I decided to make an A master list with my 190guest and then i did a list of only 100, so if it turns out that way i will have to contact the 90 who did not make the B list to advise them due to covid restrictions they will not be able to attend. i have to find a better way to phrase it though.

are you thinking of doing that?

• Annie
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Book the flowers asap!!
    I just booked ours yesterday because of all 8 florists I talked to, 4 didn't have my date available anymore.
  • Annie
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Marsha,
    I am also in Ontario! So I comoletely understand the pressure and stress due to uncertainty. My family is coming from Brazil, and ny frances from Portugal, I think our biggest fears are the closure if the boarders again, and they lowering the capacity to less than 50%. Hopefully things will be better on summer, it usually is.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes i been feeling this way as well. Well I live in Ontario so for me its the back and forward with closures and restrictions that keeps me unsure of when to start planning and what to do. But i am getting on it bc 6mths will be here b4 u know it
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha you sound like me. My FH same
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same way. We postponed 2 years in a row so we're finally doing it no matter what this September. I really need to get on certain things like booking flowers and engagement photos but I'm dragging my feet for some reason. I think booking a wedding planner gave me too much false confidence lol
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your words are very encouraging! Thank you for that!
    At the end of the day this will all be worth it, right?
    Right?? lol
  • Annie
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Laura,
    I know exactly what you are talking about. My fiancé does not knoe anything wedding realted! Not that he doesn't care, he does, he just doesn't know anything. So I have given him some jobs to do, but I feel like I am a control freek too, so I end up doing myself anyways. 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Hopefully things will be better by then! All the best on your planning!
  • Laura
    Newbie July 2022 Saskatchewan
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am exactly 6 months out and I feel like I have sooo much to do still. My Fiance isn't much help either, opinion wise he doesn't have much input. So I think I just need to start giving him tasks/jobs to do, otherwise I am going to go crazy. I know my bridesmaids are willing to help, as well as my Mom and FMIL. Unfortunately though, a lot of it has to be decided by the couple and delegated anyways, so I feel like most of it still falls on me. I wish I could afford a wedding planner as I'm great at being told what to do, and when to do it. LOL! I have no idea what Covid will be like in 6 months either. We are planning a fairly large(200ppl) wedding but, we have a back up plan to just include immediate family if we have to. God is it stressful trying to plan a wedding during a pandemic, as you all know.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I also know my FMIL and a couple bridal party members are willing to help with anything I need! I just gotta buckle down and start getting things done!
  • Annie
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Amanda,
    I don't work on healthcare, but I work on a daycare so we also are struggling (obviously not nearly as much) with covid outbreaks. My class is actually the only preschool class open out of 3 right now. So I kinda understand what you are feeling. It's just very frustrating. But we have to keep thinking on the positive and what we can control and do, Unfortunately covid is not one of those things. And I'm sure that either way, it will be a very special day!
  • Annie
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sorry Liberty, that must be hard for you and put a bit if extra pressure as well. I'm sure everything will be great and work out in the end!
  • Annie
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Carmel, that was actually really helpful! ❤ Made me feel a bit better. Haha
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will be the quickest and slowest 8 months oddly enough 😅. The only thing I stressed about was Covid (hit 9 months before and then we postponed to literally a year to the day everyone started panicking - my birthday 🤣) but that was useless to stress over because we had zero control over it. Focus on the things you can control right now and do right now. Unfortunately, as you probably have the big things like booking vendors, there's not a lot to do inbetween, unless you're doing DIY then get going haha. Next would be invitations but it's still too early for that (although you can get them ready) and then not much until maybe 2 months out - dr as fittings and hair/makeup trials if you're having that done. Still shouldn't be stressful 🙂. If you are writing your own vows and writing a speech - it's hard to get started early but it is a good idea to start getting ideas down now. It's great if you're not stressed - try to keep it that way; it's definitely beneficial.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally agree! Our wedding is in 4.5 months and I'm starting to realize how much I still have to do!! And I'm constantly thinking of more things I need to do. My fiance works out of town 2 weeks at a time so I can't really get him to help with too much either.
  • Amanda
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you!! my wedding is also 8 months away & I’ve been so stressed!
    When we first got engaged it was a mad dash to get vendors cause I knew 2022 was booking fast . That was soooo stressful but we got thru it. Then we chilled from like May 2021 till now. I so stressed now because its time to send save the dates, prepare registry and everything. my FH and I are fighting all the time because of the stress of covid, and unvaccinated guests and quitting bridesmaids. My workplace (healthcare) also has a covid outbreak so thats weight too.
    I totally feel you!! I’m so stressed and I regret not doing the smaller things in the summer last year when I had time and could take my time and not rush. I shouldn’t have taken a hiatus from wedding planning, cause now I can’t even see my FH cause I work with people&patients who have covid right now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics