Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner October 2021 Ontario

Stress

Ashley, on July 14, 2021 at 00:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 13
Anyone else feeling overwhelmed by all the wedding planning?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on August 23, 2021 at 14:02
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg yes!

my fiancé is so laxed about planning, and I'm like we need to secure stuff man, i need this, that, those, hustle hustle, and he's just like nahhhhhhhhh ill mow the lawn or im going to get a hair cut. he hates logistics and i live for them ive basically curated options for him to choose from plus suggestions its been a struggle lol

• Shauna
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yessss. It's overwhelming Sometimes I don't even want the wedding anymore and wish we just decided to elope instead lol
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The start of the wedding planning was a walk in the park but now as we get closer (less then 30 days ) it feels like there is a million little things to be done and my anxiety is so up and down I keep checking and making sure I haven’t forgot anything or will forget anything. But i am enjoying making my DJ list and picking all the right songs 🥰
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding planning does take a lot of time and effort to get all the work done. The right vendors to make it a team helps with their services provided. The feeling of going away for a few days to pack up everything seems more of a week time. It was nice and easy to get everything on the simple side and just doing the stand with the materials provided and favours set up for guests at the seats.
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes !! didint knoe it was so much work. and finsing a venue seems impossible . and i feel like i cant do the other stuff if i dont have my venue choose and reserved
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is definitely a lot of work put into it! We are 30 days out and I'm finally feeling like I am getting somewhere with my to do list. I'm lucky I'm on holidays until after the wedding now so I have time to work away at what's left. I feel like it's coming quickly.
  • Brooke
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Brooke ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES - I never realized actually how much detail needs to go into it! I had fun at first browsing around venues and doing research but at the end of the day, I was relieved when we finally booked something ahaha

• Katerina
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katerina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes!! I can't believe how close it is now and I feel like while on the one hand it is mostly done, it also feels like there are a million small things to still figure out.

• Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! Very. Too exhausted for words 🥺
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Kara,
    Oh no, sorry to hear about that. That can be very stressful! What colour bridesmaid dresses? Have you gotten the chance to look for them elsewhere or even cheaper?

What would be your next plan?
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just made a post about this. And how crazy I’m feeling right now 😂 yes! I’m feeling it.
    Mainly my stress lies with my bridesmaids/dresses- they were purchased for our original date (June 2020) and no one fits into them anymore… and they’re not available for purchase any longer. I also had a falling out last year with my sister (who was a bridesmaid) and she is no longer in my wedding. Without her in my small wedding party, the dresses don’t match and I hate the look that I loved so much last year. I don’t want to compromise. But also don’t want to ask them to buy something new, or come up with a new “vision” that I already spent 2 years planning. Ughhh.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Ashley,
    I totally understand you. I am very much stressing every now and then. Hahaha!

Said yes to me dress Sunday. Then stressed on it yesterday as the bridal shop is telling me something different from what they explained Sunday.
    Trying to get my fiancé to remove two people from the list that I don’t care to have. Since we’re having an intimate wedding (only 68-70 people).
    Cleaned the wine bottles yesterday for table decor and stressing because the spray paint was sold out at the location.
    Yeah, the list goes on. Hahahaha. But in the end, I’m taking a break to calm myself and try to see the other side of it.
    How are you doing!???
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's definitely not a picnic in the park (unless your idea of a picnic is a multi-course dinner for 50+ people that you prepare yourself lol). I can imagine how some people with elaborate plans who had to pivot multiple times can be in a bit of a pickle but my fiancee and I have purposely kept things minimalistic so that we wouldn't have to diverge too much in case the rules change on us suddenly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics