Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2019 Alberta

Stocking the bar

Jessica, on April 24, 2019 at 14:33 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
We are trying to figure out how much pop & spirits we are going to need to buy for the wedding in August .. we have a fairly large wedding as there may be 300 guests attending throughout the night. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they determined how much we may need? Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on April 25, 2019 at 16:36
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think Costco actually had a calculator for stocking the bar and mixers. There are some places that also allow you to buy a large amount and return any unopened bottles/cases so you could look into this too.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what we bought (for 75 people). We also had a set drink list as we only wanted to buy stuff we would actually use if left over. We bought: 24 bottles of wine (a red and white for each table-had half leftover), 4 cases of beer, 2 doz cider, 3 rum, tequila, vodka. I think a dozen coke (1 being diet), 3 orange juice, 3 cranberry, 2 grenadine and 2 lime juice.
  • J
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will have to check! I believe the liquor store has a chart but if I remember correctly it was only for liquor where as I am looking for mostly for numbers for pop and juices
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also take into account whether your guests are heavy, average, light or non drinkers (My family is Scottish and relatively heavy drinkers vs FH's family who are not). And if they are primarily beer, wine or liquor drinkers and adjust your numbers accordingly.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here in MB we have Liquor Mart which is the only store that is legally allowed to sell alcohol - and they have a chart for socials and weddings. Maybe where ever you are buying from has something similar?

We got engaged about 6 months before my FH's cousin did, but her social was before ours (their wedding too) and they gave us a list of what they bought VS. what they returned and we went according to that - do you have anybody you could ask like that?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/6c/41/246c41007ac2d7798eef35b24340a044.jpg

This is the liquor calculator we used! We ended up having too much but still glad we went with their suggestion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics