Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Curious June 2020 British Columbia

Sticking with June wedding?

Beah, on April 30, 2020 at 00:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Anyone going to go ahead with their June wedding? I am thinking of keeping the date and if things aren’t better (which I doubt they’ll be) then just have our closest family and do a social distanced small ceremony. But the only thing stopping me is I have always wanted a beautiful wedding with everyone I love and I’ve always wanted to have photos with all my guests on our day but doing it this way that won’t be possible we will only be able to have photos of ourselves together. I’m curious other people’s opinions and what you are doing?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Haylee, on May 5, 2020 at 09:06
  • Haylee
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Haylee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding date is July 25 and we are still going to roll with it. We really can't wait another year to move in with each other and be together. Being married is the most important thing to us. We were proactive before the virus blew up and have everything we need to make the day feel just as special, just with less people. And perhaps in the backyard instead of our church. But, we do definitely want to hold some sort of celebration as soon as we're able.

It kind of takes a load of stress off, the thought of just getting married the way we want to do it together (without the added stress of figuring guests out), and then just enjoying being together and having a little break in between before we plan the party.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you get your marriage licence? i know in toronto ontario the offices are closed so i cant even get one. ive seen other people do this but ontario is only allowing 10 people gatherings and under. but if you dont mind doing this why not do it

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There have been weddings done of the couples choices this year as private with families in their cars parked on the curb watching them. Postponement to next year reception is the idea of doing a renewal (non-official) or anniversary party celebration with the guests attended as planned.

Your thought on postponing the reception party for next year may be the best option with the venue.

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im a June bride. I'm still going to get married legally that day. Most brides are getting married legally that day and postponing the reception to next year. That's what I will do. Also some are doing a vow renewal next year and reception right after! You can still have the experience you always wanted! I hope this helps
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Kelcie, why not do both you you can get married and have the wedding you've dreamed of.

If having everyone there is important you should try to make that happen, even if it is at a symbolic wedding next year. People will understand that you couldn't have everyone at the 2020 ceremony and they will be glad to be able to celebrate with you one way or another. We all need to try our best to preserve the things about our weddings we were most excited about.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not a June 2020 bride but I thought I’d chime in anyway. First, I’m sorry you’re going through this! 2020 brides/grooms are getting a raw deal - no two ways about it. My wedding was originally scheduled for August and we’ve postponed everything until next summer. A few factors drove our decision (waiting a year won’t interfere with any of our plans for the future, our venue and most vendors were willing to accommodate the change free of charge, we had a chance to act fast and snag the last available Saturday next summer, and I didn’t want to agonize about it anymore!). But it’s different for every couple.

Regarding your dilemma, is there any reason you can’t do both? If you browse related discussions, I think you’ll see that many couples are opting to have an intimate legal ceremony on their original date, and then a larger bash next year (often with a vow renewal ceremony so it really won’t feel any different from a wedding). If that idea appeals to you, maybe you could push your original plans until next year? If your venue is agreeable? And then make it official in some other sweet/intimate way on your original date?
    Just a thought!! Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics