Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Newbie August 2022 Newfoundland and Labrador

Step-son dance song

Amanda, on May 15, 2022 at 02:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 4
I am planning on having a dance with my step-son at our wedding. He loves 80s rock (think Motley Crüe, Poison etc) so we are trying to find an appropriate song that isn’t about sex, drugs, rock n roll or ex girlfriends lol. He’s 16 and we have a great friendship, more than a step-mom/step-son relationship, so I’m not looking for super sappy but something still with meaning. We’ve been going through songs for months and haven’t found the right one just yet, so I’m hoping someone will think of something we haven’t yet. Any suggestions?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on May 24, 2022 at 14:17
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I see you smile by Bad English? Tough one for 80's rock it's mostly drug sex and rock and roll. Africa by Toto, White wedding Billy Idol, Take my breath away Berlin. I'll be there for you Bon Jovi.

So many goof options I can feel your dilemma

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your step son may have some choices he likes and you can see what would be suitable to have a dance with him. You can also look up 80s wedding rock songs on the internet to get some ideas. If the song Forever Young by Rod Stewart fits what your looking for your dance, it has a nice upbeat and a deepful meaning to which it may relate to you and him.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ask him to pick one! Have him come up with a list for you to choose from. Maybe he'll surprise you.

• Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What about the song “Simple Man”? I find the original a bit long for a dance but the rock cover by Shinedown is a good length - Rock undertones and beautiful lyrics Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics