Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Step 5 for the new bride: What would you like wear?

Emilie, on February 8, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 50

Hey beautiful ladies!

This is the 5th step! I'm sure you've seen a few ideas that you like of dresses you'd like to wear, makeup ideas! What are they? Smiley winking

How does your dream wedding dress look like?

What style of makeup do you have in mind?

Do you want your look to reflect your wedding style?

Let's hear it! Smiley smile

Step 5 What would you like to wear?

This is the last step! You that we know each other a little better, why don't you join us in the discussions? Smiley smile

If you have news or ideas to share, you can also create a discussion and share them with the community!

Image: Pinterest

50 Comments

Latest activity by Ciara, on March 28, 2017 at 13:46
  • Ciara
    Curious November 2022 British Columbia
    Ciara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't end up buying the dress I always thought I would but when you know you know. A fit and flare, corset back entirely lace in an antique invory colour. It was an amazing feeling!

I'm planning for an old fashioned Audrey Hepburn style of makeup. Somewhat minimal with a couple pops like eyeliner and lips.

I'm not sure I really have a look to reflect as I'm constantly changing based on whats going on but if anything I think just maintaining my sense of comfort in everything I do and wear but stepping out of my comfort zone for a slightly sexier look.

• Kalene
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Kalene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im wearing an oister coloured ball gown!
  • Jen
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is strapless fitted on top and a little flare at the hips. I want a smokey eye for make up. I haven't made up my mind on my hair bc it's short but I'm trying to grow it out so I can do some style.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress dress is no clue really i found a super puffy ball gown with lots of sparles that i love however when i put it on it almost swallows me whole so dispite i love it its just not for me. Either way im very pale so my dress is ivory. My make up will be a mix between dramatic and neutral, thats my make up artist to figure it out since im not into make up and only wear it for special events lol

• Valerie
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How does your dream wedding dress look like? My dream dress is not what I picked. I alway pictured myself in something with straps and a really sexy back on the dress with silver accents.

I picked a strapless dress with corset back and gold beading and accents. As soon as I put it on I cried and I knew it was the one that I wanted to marry Shane in.

What style of makeup do you have in mind? Simple with purple accents and nothing too dark or bold. I use minimal makeup now and I would like my true self reflect that on our wedding date.

Do you want your look to reflect your wedding style? ABSOLUTELY!!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That's amazing Maegan! Smiley love I love the idea of the baseball field! Never would have thought of it myself! And that dress is gorgeous! I hope you can make it work, that would be absolutely amazing!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No it's not 80s at all! Here is my beautiful mamma at her wedding 3 years ago. Yes, she got married on a baseball diamond.

dress

dress

We are very different body shapes as I am significantly shorter and bigger haha but I have a friend who is an incredible seamstress and we think we can make it work Smiley smile

• Mrs.watsontobe
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Mrs.watsontobe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking a very deep burgandy colour!

• Sharon
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the links! I'm looking at a more elegant wedding. I think my ideal dress is A-Line, strapless or illusion neckline, with a tulle bottom. I love a sparkly belt and some type of floral detail as well. This is the one I'm eyeing Smiley winking

Dress!

Dress!

• L
    Curious April 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No I don't have any pictures of my dress because my fience will see them since he has access to the website too.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're having a Beauty and the Best theme!? That's amazing! Smiley love You could take a look at these ideas I found:

9 centerpieces for Disney themed wedding

Which Disney princess wedding dress would you wear?

10 Disney wedding cakes

What have you found so far for your theme? I'm super curious to see it! Will you make any DIYs? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Laura! Wow! Your dress has a hint of blue! Smiley love I'm super curious to see how it looks like! Do you have pictures? Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Sharon! I could have a few ideas for you. Smiley smile Maybe these discussions could give you a few ideas? Whimsical wedding dresses

What type of dress do you see yourself wearing?

6 wedding dress details. Which one is your favourite?

What style of wedding are you going for?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the style Mrs. Watsontobe! Smiley sexy What colour of lipstick are you thining of to create that dramatic effect?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's beautiful Barbie!! Smiley love I love the bodice of your dress and the beaded details! Smiley heart That second dress is stunning! Do you have a theme for your wedding?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amanda! I love the hairstyle and the veil! Smiley love How's your dress like? Do you have a picture too? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What!? That's so amazing Maegan! Smiley love How does you mom's dress look like? Is it typical of the 80's style?

• Barbie
    Curious November 2017 Alberta
    Barbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Am definately wearing a princess ball gown.. with a beaded top. Still torn btn Ivory and white. I will ve wearing a changing dress after cutting the cake so for changing dress will be a mermaid fitting hollywood star kinda dress.

Step 5 for the new bride: What would you like wear? - 1

Step 5 for the new bride: What would you like wear? - 2
  • Tanya
    Beginner November 2024 Yukon Territory
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Princess ball gown with cathedral train
  • Mrs.watsontobe
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Mrs.watsontobe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MY dream dress will be an off white covered with lace r beading top to bottom with an illusion neckline and a cathedral length train. It will be either a mermaid style or fit n flare! For makeup I'm going to look as natural as possible since I don't wear makeup on a regular basis, but I am considering a dramatic lip.

• Sharon
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have many ideas for how to look yet but I like tulle! Smiley smile I've been looking at some Sophia Tolli dresses and they're gorgeous.

• Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is an A line with lace on the top and tulle with the lace applicay on the tool as well

Its currently strapless but i think i am going to have it made with a key hole back and sleeves when it comes in.

I ordered early so i have lots of time to do alterations

i love it so much

its elegant and the train is so nice

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How does your dream wedding dress look like? My dress! Essense of Australia D2224

It's an Essense of Australia dress (style number D2224). I've added the small belt for some detail as the dress is nothing but lace. I'm still deciding on what style of veil I would like.

What style of makeup do you have in mind?

Makeup

Makeup

I want a dramatic eye and a nude lip. I'm an ex MUA so I'm still unsure if I want to do my own or if I will be paying someone to do it for me!

Do you want your look to reflect your wedding style? Yes. We both want to look sophisticated and elegant.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haven't gone dress shopping yet, but have an idea of what I want. I think I may just end up altering my mom's wedding dress from her marriage a couple of years ago.

Its a white a-line dress with one shoulder strap and a some sparkly bits. Alterations will include changing it to a corset back, shortening the dress, and adding a small touch of camouflage Smiley winking

Hair will likely be half up-half down... no veil.

• Jessi
    Curious November 2017 Ontario
    Jessi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has an ivory lace v-neck top with beaded crystal spaghetti straps and a flowing liquid tulle champagne/blush coloured bottom. The buttons at the back go all the way down the train and every third spot where there should be a button there is a cluster of crystal beads/pearls in the shape of a flower.

• L
    Curious April 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is strapless, ball gown simple but elegant with a hint of blue.
  • Comeau
    Beginner September 2017 Ontario
    Comeau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want a ballgown with beading and bling. I want to feel and look like a princess to go along with my Beauty and the Beast theme. Hair and makeup will be simple and light.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure but you could do a reverse image search. I'm sure that will show you the designer infoSmiley smile
  • F
    Beginner October 2017 Ontario
    Felicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked up dress sleeveless with a ruffled tule skirt my makeup will be light an I want my hair kinda like belles from beauty and the beast
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Light, comfy, strapless, simple
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is not at all what I thought I wanted... It is a blush, dropped waist, strapless, taffeta A-line with pickups on the skirt contrasting ruching and buttons up the back... No embellishment no beading no lace... Not sure about hair, maybe half up.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want my wedding dress to be.. A bit daring, as in not a common dress choice, i don't want strapless and I would for it to have a v-back (hope that makes sense)

As for makeup, I would want something that would make my eyes and lip pop, but not too much shine on lips and more of a lip stain so as not to discourage the future hubby from kissing me Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics