Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joyann
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Steel pan performer

Joyann, on March 6, 2018 at 21:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
I’m in search of an affordable steel pan performer for my wedding on July 14, 2018 in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Any recommendations?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Joyann, on March 9, 2018 at 18:39
  • Joyann
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are great ideas....never occurred to me. Thank you!!
  • Joyann
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Renee,

Thanks so much! If you come across someone, I’d really appreciate it. My fiancé is African and we’ve already hired an African dance group to perform, so he’s well represented. We are also incorporating an African dish in our menu. I just feel like my Caribbean side needs representation too, lol! Friendly competition 😜
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try a univeristy student? Specially the music and/or Caribbean studies departments at UofT

Also maybe try A Different Booklist on Bathurst. They may know someone.

Also - PanMan Pat - panman.ca.

Good luck!
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My girlfriend has a dance group called carnival spice. I plan on using them for my wedding. They dress in Carribean outfits and dance. If you don't mind using that to add some Carribean flare to your day! I may know a steel pan person too but need sometime to dig and research. Maybe shoot me a message to remind me to check for you!
  • Joyann
    Joyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the info, I’ll check it out. My backdround is Caribbean so I’m trying to incorporate a little island vibe in the wedding. Having a tough time finding an affordable performer. Most quotes I’m getting are for $500 for a one hour performance. That seems expensive to me.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know a musician off the top of my head, but here are our listings for musicians in your province - I hope that gets you going in the right direction! Does that go with a theme you've planned for your wedding?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics