Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

Staying together the night before, or going to separate locations

Carol, on September 2, 2017 at 15:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 16
My FH and I will be staying in separate places the night before the wedding. I'm staying with my SIL and the hair and makeup people will be there in the morning. We plan on having a nice lite breakfast and getting pampered. My FH will be staying at the hotel that is attached to our wedding venue, and he and the guys will be getting ready there. I'm just a little worried that he will stay up all night and have dark circles under his eyes. He's a night owl. I'm an early riser.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Becca, on September 20, 2017 at 11:43
  • Becca
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Becca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be staying at our house (with all of my bridesmaids and my mum, slumber party style! lol) In the morning we're eating breakfast at my place and heading to the venue where we're all going to get ready. My FH will be sleeping at his friends house and getting ready at our house (after me and all the girls leave) Smiley smile

• L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't put much thought into it since it's still early, but I'm thinking that I'll be staying with my family/friends while he stays with his. I think it would make it all so much more exciting! ❤
  • Kelsey
    Newbie June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll be staying together the night before. I'm an early riser, and he is neither an early riser nor a night owl lol.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be separate...I think it'll be more fun for us seeing each other at our wedding that way.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married at a resort, so I'll be staying with my parents and he will we staying in our suite. I will get ready with my ladies in my parent's room and he will get ready with the men in our suite.

Everyone in the family is staying at the resort, so it will likely be a big party on the eve of our wedding!

We live together and I wish we could stay together the night before the wedding, but both our mothers prefer us to stay separately, so we will honor their wishes.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The night before a wedding can be stressful. Best thing u can do is just hope for the best.

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing separate places for sure . He will probably stay at home and I will stay at my moms with my bridesmaids Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying in separate places. I have a hotel room with my bridesmaids, we are basically having a slumber party the night before, which is super fun! In the morning, we will go down to the breakfast buffet, then head out to the salon to get our hair done. We are all doing our own makeup back at the hotel, and that is where we will get ready and dressed and have some initial pictures done! FH is staying at our place overnight, then heading to his parents house to get ready with all of the groomsmen and do some initial pictures there!

• Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If we were to get married in our town we would spend the night together but since we'll be in a different town and have a hotel room anyway I'll probably stay at a hotel with my sister mother and daughters so we can easily get ready in the morning.
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're staying separate. Mostly because our wedding is out of town so he is staying with his Mom who lives nearby and I am staying in a hotel with 2 maids of honor. If it was in our hometown we would just stay together, the tradition is not important. We will see each other the morning of the wedding anyways because we have to set up all our stuff (ceremony at 11:30am).

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm the night owl, and he's the early riser! We live in separate houses so I'll be getting ready at my house and he at his. I have to go to the venue in the morning to set up the centrepieces and decorated arch. Then come home and get dressed and do my hair. I won't be having a hair and make up person. I'll just do it myself. I think my MOH will come over when I get back from the venue and we'll get ready together.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I will be staying at 2 seperate places. I will be staying at my cousins who is my MOH and he will be staying at a B&B in our small town. Him and his Bestman will be getting ready there.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We stayed in separate places. I stayed at our hotel with 2 of my bridesmaids (also my sisters), and my one flower girl (one of my 2 nieces). Hair and makeup came to us the morning of, we also had catering from my venue with assorted platters. My other bridesmaids and my mom all came to the hotel as well. The groomsmen either stayed at my house, their own house or a hotel. They were drinking, but we didn't have the room for everyone to stay at our house. Then they all got ready at one of the groomsman's house. They also went fishing the morning of the wedding to, and they were all perfectly fine!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha ok. Good luck!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol good idea Erin, he just likes staying up late, his father does it too. So even if the guys go, he will watch t.v. most of the night. So im crossing my fingers that I tire him out enough during the day and rehearsal dinner that he will just fall asleep
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are staying together the night before. If you want your FH to go to bed early maybe talk to his groomsmen and make sure they all leave early enough the night before.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics