Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Stay-cation? stay-moon?

Melissa, on July 27, 2017 at 16:01 Posted in Honeymoon 0 15

We aren't planning a honeymoon, per se, but we live in a town that is a vacation destination (Huntsville, Ontario), so we may do a few touristy things that we wouldn't normally do in the time after the wedding. We also live on a hobby farm, so we need to get back to care for our animals.

Just wondering if anyone else is planning to stay close to home after the nuptuals.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 5, 2017 at 22:33
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Ontario (where I'm from) to have a second reception. So we are spending a lot of time with my family. So not really a honeymoon. We are going to have our official one on our first year anniversary.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my cousins just went up to the families cottage for a few days, fishing and swimming and just relaxing. They were so happy with their choice.

• Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since my hubby's job is very demanding and May is super busy we will be going away for the weekend after our wedding and then in November (when my hubby's job slows down) we will go on our official honeymoon

• Ariel
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Ariel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A mini-moon seems to be popular!
    Especially since its hard to take time off work, leave your pets behind, or just the cost is way to high to get away!

Enjoy anytime you get with your new hubby, even if it's just a "mini-moon" Smiley heart lol

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is an awesome idea and definitely recommend taking a few days off after the wedding even if you don't leave home! Smiley smile

We were so tired and brain-dead after our wedding that we didn't do much besides sleep and eat those first few days on our honeymoon!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are many couples who stay in the vicinity after their wedding. Besides the money issue, staying close to home gives you a chance to relax after all the stress of the wedding. You can just have some down time. If you have the time and money later, maybe you can take a trip on your 1st anniversary.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just staying at our cottage for a few days after the wedding. We wanted to go somewhere down south for our honeymoon, but we're getting married in June so we are going to wait until the winter to do that.

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know a lot of couples that did just a weekend getaway rather than full out honeymoon. My friends got married last dec and went to niagara on the lake after their wedding.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa,

A stay-cation or stay-moon are also great ideas as the wedding will most likely take over your budget! Here are some discussions with insight and inspiration on different types of honeymoons:

Should We Postpone Our Honeymoon?

How to Save Money on Your Honeymoon

Have you managed to stay within your budget so far?

Are you starting to get nervous and excited at the same time? Don't worry, we're all here to help! Take care xoxo Smiley heart

• Larissa Lauzon
    Frequent user August 2020 Nova Scotia
    Larissa Lauzon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our honeymoon is basically going to be the hotel we stay in the night of lmao - we have two kids, two pets and no extra money outside of what we're saving for the wedding. Stay-cation for us for sure 😂
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were staying home after our wedding. We also live in a tourist area and restaurant heaven (montreal, qc). We plan on a few day trips around, like toronto, and eating out at a few different restaurants.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We plan on going away shortly after our wedding for our honeymoon not sure as to where yet but we are fortunate to have family who does this for us to look after our animals when we go away. That always makes it difficult when you have animals but sometimes family will be more than willing to help or there are people who will do it for a fee.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our honeymoon is going to be several months after the wedding. We plan on going away.
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going off to Jasper or Banff for a little bit after wards. Then saving money towards a vacation later on for just the two of us! Smiley heart Much better since the wedding gets exhausting near the end from what ive heard.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh I love this! I don't live in a touristy destination place.. I live in a big city so I'm excited to get away. But if you already live in a touristy place, why not take advantage of it. Love it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics