Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kylie
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Stag and Doe but with no party?

Kylie, on February 14, 2019 at 21:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 12

Has anyone done a stag and doe except there's no get together?

I want to do almost like a draw that you just buy how ever many tickets and you are entered into the draw for prizes. Maybe like 3-4 big prices...

anyone done something like this?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on June 17, 2019 at 01:38
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is not known as a stag and doe but rather a raffle, and is used in place of the stag and does many people sell beer for a year tickets or raffle tickets for big items such as a tv or bucket of booze.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What I did for my friend- I made facebook page like you would for buck and doe but instead people invite as easier to show people you are selling for these people. When you do the raffle, do a live video in this group- anyone who buys them also, try and add into group so they can see you choosing the winners.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Becky. It sounds like a lot of work and I'm not sure if I would generate a lot of party goers. I wonder if my wedding party would go for the raffle instead. Thanks for the help. Something to consider.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Cindy,

I have seen them be very successful it honestly depends on the couple and how many people they know or think would support. I have bought them from a friend selling them before just because of cool prizes or to help them sell tickets. We haven't done the draw yet, but if I were to do a do over and pick I would have went with selling these tickets over the buck and doe. Its a lot to put in for a buck and doe and doesn't always raise much.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Becky
    Was this type of raffle successful? I'm trying to decide if this would be more beneficial than a party?
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t heard of this before but it seems like a cool idea if everyone drinks..I guess you could do different prizes though.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here’s a pic to give you idea of setup and what some people have done

Stag and Doe but with no party? 1
  • Kylie
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes i agree that will limit people but thats still something to think about. Thank you !

• Kylie
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is an awesome idea !! Thank you for sharing with me !!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you meaning a bucket of booze draw? People where I am tend to sell tickets for three prizes or just one prize and its booze valued up to $500 dollars. either way man prize is min of $500 value. I am selling tickets for people who aren't doing buck and doe and are doing this instead. We still did facebook page and then will do a live draw on the date we do it. Tickets are 1 for $10 or $3 for $25 or could do 3 for $20

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have seen the same thing Danelia has. Even if people don’t have Facebook you have their name and number and can call them after the draw if they won.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure how this will work for my friend and it limits a loooot of ppl but shes doing a facebook live raffle. So she made a facebook event with all the prices and ppl just buy tickets. The day of shell go on facebook live and call out the winners. Its kind of like a stag and doe with no party!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics