Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jordan
Newbie June 2022 Ontario

Stag and Doe Alternatives?

Jordan, on April 12, 2022 at 12:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 2

What are some alternatives to a Stag and Doe? Our friends and family are all over Southern Ontario so we don't want to do a party. We weren't sure if we would be able to have a lot of prizes to draw in attention for a raffle, but I'm thinking about either a 50/50 raffle or a small raffle with maybe 2-3 prizes? Do you need any licensing in Ontario to do something like this?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Katie, on April 12, 2022 at 20:16
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to do wine survivor. Basically you pay $20 and buy a bottle of wine and give to the couple (or give $35 and the couple buys the bottle). Every day people are eliminated by a draw, last one standing gets 75% of the wine and the second place gets 25%.
    Just a thought! If they win, and don’t live there, they could always pick it up when they are there for the wedding!

I actually see lots of raffles without the party, especially during the last two years. But yeah, you’ll probably just get your friends and family buying tickets.
    Good luck!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know stag and does are very regional but I can't imagine people, especially strangers, buying into any type of raffle without a physical party to attend. You may get a few from close friends and family but is it worth the effort in that case?

And yes, you do need a license from the Alcohol and Gaming Commision, especially for electronic raffles (if you're doing it online). Some people take the risk and just do it but there have been a few stories here where people were fined by the AGCO for online raffles during the pandemic.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics