Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Stag and Doe

Jessica, on January 11, 2018 at 10:16 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
Hey ladies ,

My fiance, myself and Our wedding party are currently in full swing of planning our stag and doe (buck and doe /jack and jill) , we are having ours in March , is anyone else having one and finding easy ways to keep costs down to make the most money? Are their any games you can suggest that were huge hits ?

We are planning on having maybe 3 games and have already starting collecting raffle prizes !

Any advice is welcome ! I almost feel more stressed about planning this then the actual wedding, as where I come from "stag and doe season" as they call it , is big around here since there isn't a whole lot else to do , so there always seems to be a bit of pressure to make sure it's a blast !

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kat., on April 14, 2018 at 21:12
  • Kat.
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Kat. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    50/50
    Door prizes
    Ive been to one stag and doe where people pay 2$ to participate in games and then they have little score boards and the winners of each game at the end of the night wins a bottle of booze (game suggestions try this video. Some of them are hilarious https://youtu.be/YBF1UedYqmY)

Plinko
    Toonie toss

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In Manitoba we have the "Manitoba Social" and yup were coming into that time of year too. There is a really good article or post on stag and does on wedding wire somewhere if you research it I believe. Someone tagged me in it so I was lucky but I can't remember where it is. If you look under one of my posts in Manitoba about Socials it may be there. Very similar.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have one, but my friend did...50/50 draw was a popular one and then the pie in the face was also popular (best man and MoH go around collecting $$ from guests to get the bride or groom to take a pie in the face from the 'winner' - the one who had the least amount of money. people voted with their money!)

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I planned a game where there were 5 lines of double sided tape, and at the end of each strip was a task. If you wanted to see the couple complete that task, you had to fill the tape with loonies and toonies. Each strip was longer than the previous and the tasks were more funny/complicated/embarrassing as it went down. We also made the rule that they had to be done in order. So, if you wanted to see the pie in the face (the last one) you had to fill the other lines first. We had them (although maybe not in this order) write a love poem to each other, pie in the face, skip around the room, blindfolded and feed each other, blow biggest bubble

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That tip on the prizes is such a good point, I always figured the more the better to bring people in but it's so true about then having them buy less tickets ! I would have never thought about that ! Thank you so much ! Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Costco was huge for me to save money on food, drinks, plates, etc.

Games that went over really well were dart poker, mini golf, and the hammer/nail game.

Source stuff from family and friends who have had stag and does, like the money pouches can be super expensive unless you borrow them from someone else.

Try not to over estimate how many people you will be having. i thought we would be having a lot more people than we did and it costed us.

selling tickets is super important! "my friend said they would come so i didn't sell them a ticket" really adds up and then there are like 100 people who didn't buy tickets and DIDNT come. really reinforce that with your wedding party.

too many raffle prizes is a real thing! i had like 15 prizes and it was definitely over the top and made people buy less tickets because they had a greater chance of winning something.

all in all, stag and does are WAY more stressful than the wedding. but once you get through it it will all be worth it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics