Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Spray Tan or Tanning Bed?

Brittany, on February 11, 2023 at 19:34 Posted in Beauty 1 25
Ok! I need help with this.

I tan very easily, Mexico sun I don’t burn with minimal sunscreen on and tanning oil (I know I should not do this, I’ve gotten better at wearing sunscreen as I’ve gotten older). Regular tanning and tanning beds give me the best colour in terms of glow and bronzed. But at the same time I don’t want to be in a tanning bed for the next 6 months. But I am also terrified of not tanning and getting a spray tan and looking to orange!
So what would you do?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on June 12, 2023 at 08:46
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to start in July and August and then if it's uneven try self-tanner.

Being pregnant now I'm not really stressing anymore, just going with the flow.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh that is right, you can not tan in beds when pregnant. Personally, I would do the natural tan then. Try to have a strapless bathing suit top and you should be good! I use tanning oil over my sunscreen and it really helps with the tan!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to rethink my tanning situation, I was going to do the beds, but got knocked up so there goes that idea, I may do natural sun, then do the self-tanner try to even it out.

But I haven't heard good things about spray tans so don't want to waste money on that.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

About a week! not too long

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Brittany!

I haven't actually, I was thinking of going mid August. That way if I don't like it it will be gone before October and if I do love it I'll go again just before my wedding. How long did it last for you?

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Kelly! Did you end up trying your spray tan yet? I went a second time and still didn't love it that much. I have been tanning now for almost 3 weeks and I love it Smiley smile definitely preferred.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you end up trying out the spray tan?

I went twice and was really not loving it. I have been tanning now for 2 going on 3 weeks and I love it so much more! Definitely getting that more brown/bronzed look I want!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going for a spray tan an few months before our wedding to see how it looks and if I like it, I will go 2 days before the wedding and get it done.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will try it out just for fun, I am very picky when it comes to tanning, I hate self tanners, so I am sure I won't like this. but could be fun. lol

Just scared to look like and oompa loompa for a week.

oompa-loompa-doopity-doo-umpa-lumpa.gif

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So I washed off the spray tan - and although the place I went to did not cause staining anywhere, it is not as even as I would like and not as bronzed. I am not completely orange which is great, but it does have a bit of a hue to it. I don't hate it at all. I was lucky that the one place I did go to had done it right the first time.

It is not my preference though. I want to be more brown than a slight orange tint, if that makes sense? Luckily the place I went to offers both and I told them what I am doing and they said I was smart doing it a lot earlier and figuring it out than some brides who do it right before the wedding and end up hating it.

But just because it did not work for me, does not mean it wont work for you. Since your wedding is in September - I suggest maybe trying it out too!?

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm invested now, please let us know how it goes and if it stains your clothes.

I think i'm going to just going to tan in the booths to get an even tan. and stay out of the sun until the wedding. Why is it so complicated to have a glow.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ive had about 6 over the last year, i went to 3 different places and tried both formulas they recommended each time after i mentioned i don't want to be orange. every time i was orange Smiley sad

im extremely happy that you are not having the same experience i did!!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just got mine and I am not orange at all. I think it really depends on the place you go. So far I am looking exactly the way I want.

So we will see how it looks tomorrow morning after my shower and moisturizing.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! I got the spray tan, it looks pretty good right now. I am not ORANGE LOL.

I gotta shower tomorrow morning before work and then we should see how it looks - and if it is great! Sweet, I'll do a spray tan before my wedding! If I don't like it the way it looks after the shower and moisturizing then I am hitting the tanning beds in April/May.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I felt t5he same way i was worried and dont want to be in a tanning bed so much but i tried some trials of spray tan and man was i ever 9orange and patchy, it seemed like no matter who done the spray i was orange and splotchy. so starting in the summer ill be hopping into the tanning bed to prepare for october

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you do the spray, make sure to count properly.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We will for sure. I am glad I wasn't my friend who bought her dress and covid happened and had to lose 15 pounds before the wedding since her dress was already fitted for the first time, she was supposed to get married, that is too much stress.

Spray Tan or Tanning Bed? 1

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Girl! I feel your pain. I have started losing weight too. So far I am down 10 pounds and I have gotten seriously toned because I have been working with a personal trainer the last 2.5 months.

We will get there!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks. I was just looking at my uneven summer tan from last year that I am surprised it's still there just not as dark, I am for sure going to need to fix it by September.

Ouff looking pretty is rough, I'm working at losing weight and toning for the big day and now have to work on the glow and making sure it's even. I'm exhausted already lol.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am booking the appointment today! So I will definitely let you know Smiley smile

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Please let me know, I am afraid of the spray tan staining the dress, because it will stain your sheets. I'm told it will leak with sweat Smiley atonished.

I am just going to tan once a week starting in July for September wedding. This way I will get an even tan and then once I hit the perfect shade, I will cut down on my visits, so I am not too dark.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am going to try a spray tan like this week and see how I like it. I would do natural tanning in the sun because I do tan very easily but since my dress has a large slit and is strapless and a lower back I do not want to risk having lines on my body so I will actually be avoiding the sun this summer till the wedding 😂
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So! my opinion...I would personally rather gradually tan than spray tan. I would book sessions like a couple months before the wedding (I find with a bed I can control/even out the tan more). I got a spray tan once in my life for my close friends wedding and I did not love it, I followed the time frame and did not do it too close to or anything but still I did not find it to look very natural so going forward spray tans now make me nervous (but this is just me!). I see your wedding is in August though so can't you just get some natural sun daily with it being summer time?

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, I would go do it now actually 😂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have time/the option to do a spray tan trial run first to see how it turns out? I'd do that if you can

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics