Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Spray Tan

Taylor, on March 5, 2018 at 14:30 Posted in Beauty 0 11

Is anyone planning on getting a spray tan before their wedding? If so, any suggestions, how far in advance should I get it? I have never had one before. I do plan on going next month to see how it looks on me. I am getting married in June.

Thanks!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on August 10, 2018 at 06:51
  • E
    Newbie October 2018 New South Wales
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am definitely planning on getting a spray tan because I have really pale skin. I found some great products to have the best fake tan ( https://www.modelcocosmetics.com/shop/tanning ) I could. I always do that when I have some kind of event and it better than to be pale.

• E
    Newbie October 2018 New South Wales
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am definitely planning on getting a spray tan because I have really pale skin. I found some great products to have the best fake tan I could. I always do that when I have some kind of event and it better than to be pale.

• Eimear
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Being Irish and pale as hell I love a good spray tan, I've never had one in Vancouver but I have heard good things about Cocoa in Yaletown so I going to get one done this week before my bachelorette party. You can always ask for the lightest tan and if you're not happy with the colour they usually do a second spray for free if you go back. 2 days before you need it is generally enough time for it to become natural looking. I love being bronzed!!! Smiley laugh

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am going to get one for my wedding and do a trial run in July right before I got to Dominican for my bachelorette. I was told approximately 1 week prior to the wedding is the recommended time to get it.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting one for my wedding. I’m generally pretty pale but I had a spray tan for my friends wedding and it looked really natural. I’m getting married on a Friday, I’m going to get my spray tan early Tuesday morning so that I can let it set for at least 24 hours before showering.

I dont find they last very long, especially in the summer where it’s warm and your often sweating so I wouldn’t do it much earlier than that. But like others have suggested I would definitely try one out beforehand to see how you feel about it!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve tanned in beds and had spray tans and I prefer the tanning beds myself. My spray tan always had flaws and only really lasted a week or so. I would go at least once before as a trail to see what you think and how long it lasts for you. There’s different shades you can get so it would also help you choose what shade you want to be.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely recommend getting one done prior to your wedding. My sister owns a tanning salon and has done mine for me. I like them a lot, but they aren’t for everyone.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not for me. I've seen some spray tan nightmares and I'd don't want to be apart of it. Plus I'm just very pale and think I'd look silly with a fake tan. If anything I'll just sunbathe. But like the other suggested definitely go in for a trial run to see how you feel about it.
  • Brandi
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely go a few times to make sure you know how your body works with it. I will probably spray tan before my wedding just so I don't look too pasty. Make sure that when you shower after getting it done to give the bottoms of your feet a good scrub, I forgot to the last time and had bright orange bottoms of my feet for a long time.

I would definitely go 2 weeks before your big day so that you have time for it to lighten if you need. Whoever does your spray tan will know how far in advance you should get it done does sure though.

Hope it works out.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing it. I'm super pale normally, so think I'd look really odd with a spray tan. And I'm terrified it will come off on the dress.

HOWEVER - if you're interested in one, going in advance and trying it out is a really great idea. Just make sure it has time to fade if you don't really like it.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been thinking of getting one, but not from one of those spray tan beds. I had one done years ago and looked like an oompa loopma! I'd suggest looking for somebody in your city who does airbrush tans. They look way more natural. I'd book for one now and see how you like it, that way its months before you're wedding and you won't have to worry about the colour of your skin if you don't like the effect of it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics