Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tristan
Beginner February 2019 Alberta

Spouses of our Bridal Shower

Tristan, on January 27, 2018 at 16:00 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 4
Hi everyone, im looking for some advise on how which color scheme we are going to ask the significant others of our Bridal party to wear. We are trying to include them as much as we can in the big day and I thought it would be nice for them to match.

My bridesmaids will be wearing a light lavender purple and my fiance will be wearing blue.

I'm not sure if I want to groomsmen to wear blue or purple because I'm thinking I want them to wear a different color than my fiance and they would match the bridesmaids purple.

I'm thinking of having the bridesmaids and groomsmen in purple and put the significant others who aren't in the bridal party in blue. But then I'm worried that it's only them and my fiance in blue if it would look disorganized.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks!!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 7, 2018 at 10:03
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is really sweet! Maybe give the spouses the option to wear a coordinating colour (instead of insisting), that way they don’t feel pressured into doing something that makes them uncomfortable.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep your bridesmaid in purple and hubby in blue. Groomsmen would look goof with purple dress shirts and ties with black suits. This way the colours are consistant throughout and SO in blue dress shirts and ties. Hubby can be a darker blue to be different from the rest.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you featuring the partners in the ceremony, or in any of the pictures? If so and you want them to have the same shades of whichever color, I think it would be easiest to have them match the bridesmaids. Otherwise people will probably come up with very different shades of blue. Unless this is something you're buying for them as a gift so you know they will all match? If I had to choose I'd have them in lavender and let your groom stand out.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a really sweet idea, never even thought of this! I'm totally going to consider it. If you know then we'll just ask them if they would be willing to wear coordinating colours. If you don't know them that we'll how the wedding party ask. I would feel honoured and thrilled if I was asked this! Great idea!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics