Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yami
Frequent user October 2022 Ontario

Splurge, Save & Toss

Yami, on June 14, 2022 at 16:07

Posted in Plan a wedding 55

I want to know which parts of the wedding are you splurging on, and which ones will you toss or save on? We’re “splurging” on the food and photographer and “saving” on the florals and stationery! We’re “tossing” the bridal party!
I want to know which parts of the wedding are you splurging on, and which ones will you toss or save on?

We’re “splurging” on the food and photographer and “saving” on the florals and stationery! We’re “tossing” the bridal party!

55 Comments

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg a string quartet?! That’s amazing!! I also forgot about the rings omg 🙈 We still haven't bought ours!

I heard a lot about sola wood flowers! Did you keep some of them?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our splurges were the sting quartet that played at the ceremony (worth every cent) I would do it again in a heart beat and I think our rings. We definitely didn't need to pay what we did but we will wear them every day forever. Our venue (dinner open bar) was where the majority of our money went but totally worth it also. We had a cutting cake and cupcakes instead of an expensive wedding cake. We scrapped flowers for the most part do not regret that either. I had some sola wood flowers but not a lot.
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Saving on invitations as well! Save the 🌳 and some 💵! That’s so cool that his father will be marrying you! 😍
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yessss those photos lasts forever! The memories it will hold will last a lifetime! 🤍
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Food and music can really make a huge difference for the guests! I understand why you chose those two! 🎉
  • Danielle
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurged on food and venue.

Saved on: wedding favors (his mom made home made soaps), invitations (made a wedding website and online RSVP's), his father is marrying us, didn't spend much on flowers, saved on décor (decorating it ourselves) which is easy because the venue room is gorgeous on it's own, doing a toonie bar and purchasing our alcohol in bulk.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue came with everything included, but I would say the photographer is what we splurged on, was told not to go cheap.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged on caterer and live band...food and music were the most important to us so those are the big ticket items! Venue we kind of saved on because it is a beautiful party room in a building that the company we work for built so very minimal cost there but I agree, I would splurge on venue because it definitely sets the tone and limits the decorating if beautiful enough! : )

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged on caterer and live band...food and music were the most important to us so those are the big ticket items! Venue we kind of saved on because it is a beautiful party room in a building that the company we work for built so very minimal cost there but I agree, I would splurge on venue because it definitely sets the tone and limits the decorating if beautiful enough! : )

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I honestly told my fiance that this was the only place I wanted to get married!

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks everything else we seem to have rang in right on budget which has been extremely exciting
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so cool!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have a custom Star Wars veil 😅❤️
    I still have no idea on flavours other than pumpkin spice and vanilla😂

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I saw your cake post!! I hope you find the flavors you want! 🤍 What veil are you getting? It’s making me curious! 👀
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Splurging on the venue is a plus! You won’t have to do so much decor because the venue is already beautiful!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m splurging on my veil and cake 🎂
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    YAS!!! 👏🏻
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! And we managed to get everything we wanted under budget on the house too!!
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Prioritizing the house is the smart way to go!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly we didn't splurge on anything IMO. We tried to save on everything. We tossed favours and a traditional wedding cake. Catering was our biggest expense but we went with the most affordable cater we could find. Their food is delicious! We were also in the process of buying a house at the same time as wedding planning so we had to make sure we saved everywhere we could.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We splurged on our venue!
    We've tossed out favors.
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same ~wavelength~! I forgot to say, we’re also tossing favors!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also splurged on venue/food/alcohol (although our deal was amazing) and photography was key. We saved on decor by me wanting to do things myself abd DIY photobooth. We tossed things like menu cards and favors (we figured a 4 course meal, late night food, open bar, hotel welcome bags, etc was enough).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics