Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: Transportation?

Joey, on August 21, 2017 at 08:56

Posted in Plan a wedding 85

This week's game is all about budgeting. We want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money. So... Will you splurge or save on transportation? Will you make your exit in a fancy car? Do you have something more unique in mind? Still considering your wedding...

This week's game is all about budgeting. We want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money.

So...

Will you splurge or save on transportation?

Will you make your exit in a fancy car?Will you make your exit in a fancy car?

Do you have something more unique in mind?Do you have something more unique in mind?

Still considering your wedding day transportation? Here are some great ideas!

>>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or Save: Food?

>>Click here to return to the previous question, Splurge or Save: Photography?

85 Comments

• Donna
    Curious April 2018 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't booked our transportation yet but we'll be meeting with one company this weekend. It will be a little bit of a splurge because I want a fancy car for my FH and I but we'll also need to transport the bridal party. Thankfully the venues are relatively close.

• Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge. We have 90 km to go in each direction, so we'll be getting a mini party bus to take the wedding party! We may even hire a charter bus to take our guests out to the ceremony venue.

• J
    Curious April 2018 Alberta
    Jesse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. We may not even have transportation as our wedding and reception are downtown at a hotel. We can walk from the venue to tons of places for photos if we wanted!

• Chelsey
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save. We are not having any fancy cars. My mom has a while Lincoln that she will be driving myself and bridesmaids to the venue which is nice enough for me!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save - FH is driving himself and his groomsmen to the venue (he doesn't drink so he will be driving us home at the end of the night), and my uncle is driving me and my mom. My bridesmaids are going to be driven up separately. Since we are having our entire wedding at one location, I did not see the point of renting a limo or any special car.

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save for sure. We rented a car for one of us so we can run our errands separately so they can be done faster.

• M
    Beginner June 2018 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not sure yet we haven't really put to much thought into transportation yet.
  • Emma
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. I'm just getting a ride with my dad 😂
  • Dawn
    Frequent user July 2018 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't really thought about transportation yet... I think it's going to be a splurge if we get it.
  • Shannon
    Curious February 2018 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved, no transportation really! It will all be at the same location

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge/save - having transportation for our guests and the same company will pick us up and take us to our venue. (saved compared to other companies I looked into for transportation!)

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    SaveMy dad is driving me to the ceremony in his (very expensive, very fancy) car, and neither of us drink, so we will be driving our truck to the hotel afterwards.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is another save for us. We are driving ourselves to the wedding and I think my fiancé will be borrowing his brother's 1940 Ford for us to drive away in.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are staying at our venue and therefore do not need transportation but we did get a bus for our guests to get to and from the hotel.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No fancy transportation. If anything we have friends who have nice big trucks or nicer cars.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was kind of a splurge. We chose a more expensive venue package because we got the limo included in that one.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a big save as we aren't spending any money on transportation as our ceremony and reception is all at the same place! We will need transportation to get to our photos if we decide to do them off the hotel grounds but will just use our own vehicles. I have a beetle and think it would be cute to drive around with a just married sign on it Smiley heart

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not spending any money on transportation we are using fiancees dad's old volvo 544
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have no transportation plans at the moment. I'm thinking we're just going to get a cab.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. We will drive ourselves to the ceremony and then drive ourselves from there to the reception which is at FH moms house. Wont be able to drive ourselves home because well be drinking but we will probably just call a cab at the end of the night.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. I am getting ready at the venue and my FH is getting a ride there with is groomsmen. After the reception we are all staying at the venue so we don't have to drive anywhere

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics