Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: The rehearsal dinner

Joey, on September 9, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 25

Will you host a rehearsal dinner the day before your wedding? What's your meal plan, and how big is the guest list? Rehearsal dinners can take many forms, from a chilled-out pizza night at home to a lavish affair.

Are you splurging or saving on the rehearsal dinner?

Splurge or Save: The rehearsal dinner 1Photo by Toronto Paper Lanterns in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, Wedding day hair and makeup

>>Click here to start at the beginning, Splurge or Save Part 2

25 Comments

Latest activity by July, on September 24, 2019 at 16:07
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saving - we will be having a rehearsal dinner but at my parents house to keep the expense down. Out of town guests and the bridal party will be invited and my mom and I will most likely cook all the food. It will probably be around 30-40 people.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved we are thinking of going to a local diner with our bridal party after the rehearsal

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved. We used coupons I had won at a bridal show so that covered half the cost
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurged - but not by us.

My husband's family hosted the dinner in a private room at a nice Italian restaurant. They picked up the tab, which was truly appreciated.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save! we’re having it at a local microbrewery where we can order in pizza! the pizza will be on us, but everyone will be responsible for their own drinks
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely saving. Splurging on a rehearsal seems ridiculous to us! LOL

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge. We had a dinner with all of our OOT guests, bridal party, and immediate family. It was hands down the most expensive meal of my life (next to my wedding lol).

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. We'll probably get something simple to eat at someone's house for likely about 20 people.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely saved. Our rehearsal dinner involved using salt and pepper shaker and some cups to show our kids where everyone would be and what they would need to do when.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. I might order a couple of pizzas for the people helping us decorate that night but that's it.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. We will be going up to our venue the night before to check in we will do a quick rehearsal and then have dinner at one of the restaurants there. It will be only immediate family and our BM and MOH.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving, FH's dad is hosting so we didn't have to shell out money for it. It's at our venue but different room/menu. Keeping it to 30 guests.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents paid for the Welcome dinner in place of rehearsal which I chose the location of the restuarant he liked to his satisfaction. We saved on this part.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didnt have one! after the rehearsal my dad had all our families over for drinks and bbq. we went for about half hour and said hi to everyone (we had already spent an hour there for supper before the rehearsal) and then went home to prepare for the next day

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have a rehearsal dinner, but it's at the resort so we won't need to pay a dime! 😊
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Likely saving. We'll have about 22 people for our rehearsal dinner including our wedding party and their SO's, siblings and their SO's, parents and grandparents. We were thinking of ordering in something catered like subs or wraps or a light dinner like that and seeing if we can use a boardroom at our reserved hotel.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving- his parents offered to do a rehearsal dinner but wasn't what expected. they are ordering in pizza. I won't be able to eat it, and going to grab something else. I am lactose lol

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. If we even do one, not really sure yet.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well FMIL is insisting on covering the expense for this so saving for sure. We want it to be really low key though.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. Since our wedding party is our siblings and their S/O, we will just be having a little family get together at my in laws with some easy finger foods, salads, lasagna, beef on a bun type foods.

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurging! All of my guests will be attending since they’re coming all this way. It’s pretty casual, buffet style burger stations.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won't have many people so just go to a restaurant. I don't think it should cost too much.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. My FMIL is providing the food and we are having it held at our venue that we have for the entire weekend. Plus it will only be for 2 dozen people!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. We have said that we are paying for apps but everyone will pay for their own drinks and meals.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is still a long time away but my FHs parents will host the rehearsal dinner at their house. I’m sure it’ll be catered because it’s just easier - so it’s a save for us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics