Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: Gifts for your wedding party

Joey, on September 9, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 25

Are you giving gifts to the members of your wedding party? If so, what will you be gifting?

Are you splurging or saving on gifts for your wedding party?

Splurge or Save: Gifts for your wedding party 1

Photo by It's a Bride Thing in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, The rehearsal dinner

>>Click here to start at the beginning, Splurge or Save Part 2

25 Comments

Latest activity by July, on September 24, 2019 at 16:04
  • July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge - we got the bridesmaids and groomsmens proposals to be in our wedding party. For the wedding I’ll be paying for my ladies makeup, matching robes and matching accessories. My FH is going to pay for the groomsmens haircuts and shoes.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge we're paying for their dresses, accessories, hair, make-up, manis and pedis plus we got them a personal gift

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say saved. I paid the deposit for their hair and got them each a personalized basket of gifts
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurged! We didn't have a wedding party, so I was able to splurge on fewer gifts. I bought a nice bottle of gin for my witness (BFF) and a nice bottle of wine for my parents.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge! they got wine with their bridesmaid proposals, and a personalized tumbler with my dress shopping, so who knows what will come next! i just know i love to give fun gifts
  • Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying for my bridesmaids' dresses.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge. I paid for their hair and makeup and it was not cheap!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm gifting them their hairstyling for the day and some other smaller goodies. I've estimated about $125 per person for 3 girls.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saving- Our kids played the role of Best Man and MOH. We didn't get them gifts.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be getting my bridesmaids gifts but haven't decided what yet. It won't be too expensive.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a friend of the family who is a gaffer ( glassblower) and they are making our BM two decanters with four glasses. For our MOH I found an artist who can make customized paintings, I also bought her a couple of things from Bath & Bodyworks. It seems expensive but we definitely saved in this area.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're saving a bit, but still got them nice things! We didn't want to break the bank with gifts

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved in a way of the cost for cologne sets for BM (Best Men) and perfume sampler bottle sets of 80 to MOHs with shoppers points.

Sprlurged on the taxes to pay which wasn't much at all being under $20.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved... I totally wasnt thinking about this until like 2 weeks before the wedding and I didnt have much money to spend so I didnt end up buying them anything. I made sure to let them know how much they meant to me but all my girls arent concerned about gifts so no one cared at all which was nice haha

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurging! We got everyone proposal gifts, we are purchasing them a few things to wear on the day of, I'm paying for the girls hair, and my FH is treating the guys to a boys night before the wedding and special treats on the day of!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I felt like we splurged

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure yet. I want to splurge because it's just a MOH and Bestman but we will see.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurging! I am paying for all their dresses, hair, make up, shoes etc. So those will be their "gift". And I might do slumber party boxes for the night before as well.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little bit of a splurge. I am paying for their hair and makeup. Then I got them little elastics and a personalized water bottle!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saving! I don’t have a wedding party.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have one MOH so I most likely will splurge a bit. Its easier when there isn't a lot of people.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

TBD... Haven't gotten the girls anything yet but I think we are getting them waxed or getting their eyebrows done - whichever they prefer Smiley smile

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got each of my girls a pearl necklace, but not an overly expensive one. My FH wants to buy his guys some canvas Star Wars art. For parents, we haven’t bought them anything yet but I’ll get them something really sappy. I’m not sure if I’m splurging or saving
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save however I don't think you should not give your party gifts. I think something homemade as a thank you is much more special than some expensive gift.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re paying for their attire for the day, also getting the BM, my dad and my FHs dad custom shirts for the big day.

Im also paying for my MOHs hair and make up. So we’re saving in that we aren’t doing additional gifts but it was pricier overall but I’d rather give them practical stuff than things they’ll never use.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics