Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Speech Dilema

Julie, on May 29, 2022 at 14:35 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13

My daughter (20 years old) is my Maid of Honor and has flat out told me she hates public speaking and would rather not speak. LOL How important is that speech from her? Should we offer that to someone else? my fiance and I will both say a few words and so will the best man. thoughts?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on July 15, 2022 at 17:55
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our best man wont be an issue. The kid MOH - i dont think we can even get her to say Congrats! So I guilt tripped her that it would be a great wedding gift for us Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our best man for our wedding isn’t into public speaking. I’m going to ask him to just say “Congrats” or something before my maid of honour (my sister) speaks.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If she doesn't feel comfortable see if someone else wouldn't mind stepping in. We are giving the option to our party and parents if they want to do a speech. We will for sure give a thank you speech but we aren't forcing anyone to do it.

• T
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree, we didn't have any speeches because we had better things to do! lol

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I dont know I just always find speeches to be the worst part of the wedding....
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is exactly how i feel too! I asked my gf to give the blessing with flare LOL. Me and the man will also be speaking but i am going to def keep it short and sweet....i hate public speaking as well

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didnt ask anyone to make a speech lol hoping to keep that down to minimum. The two that are making a speech they have been given a 5 minute maximum. I'll make the speech for us thanking everyone for coming and such definitely keeping then short and sweet. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if no one talked 😅
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea. Im on it.
    Thank you!!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you have a close friend or a guest whom you have known a long time they would also be good choices.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No other bridesmaids. keeping this wedding simple. i wont force her to do anything she really doesnt want too.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't have a MOH so I asked each of my bridesmaids if they were comfortable doing a speech. 2 said no and 1 said yes. If you have other bridesmaids you could ask one of them to do it? But I wouldn't make your daughter do it if she's uncomfortable
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well said! Guess she is off the hook Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If she doesn't want to speak and doesn't feel comfortable doing so, she doesn't have to. This day in age anything goes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics