Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Songs/music?

Kelsey, on May 16, 2022 at 14:33 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
What songs are you using?
Processional for bridesmaids and bride (if different)
Signing of the registerRecessionalEntrance song to receptionFirst danceFather/daughter danceMother/son danceCutting of the cake

9 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on May 23, 2022 at 04:43
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are still undecided for most of our songs. The only definite one is our first dance song, Aerosmith's 'I Don't Want to Miss A Thing' from 1998's 'Armageddon'. We had considered 'A Thousand Years' as a processional but my fiancee's daughter had used that for her own wedding and we decided against it. Now we are back to square one.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Processional for Bridal Party and Myself - A Thousand Years by The Piano Guys

Entrance to Reception - Let's Get It Started by The Black Eyed Peas

First Dance - Amazed by Lonestar

Father Daughter Dance - My Little Girl by Tim McGraw

Mother Son Dance - A Mother's Song by T Carter Music

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our procession song was and Indian choice since we had a fusion wedding. The same song was used to have the wedding party and groom entrance.

You can have 2 songs to separate the bridal party and your entrance so that its to your choice and personal to your heart as it would be to him.

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Processional for bridal party: Can't Help Falling in Love With You - Elvis Presley (string quartet style)

Processional for bride: Imagine - Ben Platt (acoustic)

Register signing: Jeopardy song (lol)

Recessional: Came Here for Love - Sigala & Ella Eyre

Entrance to reception: All Star - Smash Mouth

First Dance: All You Need to Know - Gryffin & SLANDER (both acoustic and regular together)

Father/daughter: One Call Away - Charlie Puth

Mother/son: Forever Young - Rod Stewart

Cake cutting: I Want Candy - Aaron Carter

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Hank, It was hard enough picking 1 song, I will keep it like that.

As for the parent dance I know it's been a wish for my father, and my MIL well she is happy she's getting a daughter and gets to be a part of the wedding. I will do a dance, maybe find a song for both of them instead of two songs, two long dances people have to watch.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You don't have to do two songs for your/bridesmaids walk. Just because others are doing it, doesn't mean you do. There's no hard rule on this. Some people don't even have anyone from the bridal party walk at all. If you want just one song, stick with one.

As for whether the father/daughter and Mother/son dance is a thing, that's up to you. We didn't do it because it's not something we or our parents wanted but I know plenty of friends who did have it.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yicks I'm just doing the one song for my bridal party and for me. But looks like I need to do two songs. Smiley atonished

I have a seating playlist for when friends and family are taking their seats and the groom waits for me.

Bride walking down: I'm torn between Kiss the girl and Can't help falling in love.

Exist Song as a couple: The office theme song since it's his favorite show and something for the guest to laugh as we leave.

First dance: Lightning bug as it's an inside joke and now our song.

Then I need ideas for father daughter dance and Mother and son dance, or is that not a thing anymore?

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Songs/music? 1
    These are the songs we are using for our ceremony!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Processional for bridesmaids - Can You Feel the Love Tonight, sax instrumental version

Groom walking down with mom - 98 Degrees' I Do (Cherish You). sax instrumental

Bride walking down - I sang Beautiful As U from All 4 One as she walked

Signing of the register - Elton John's This Song, sax instrumental

Recessional - Michael Buble's Everything - sax version (can you tell I really like the sax?)

Entrance song to reception - Billy Joel's Uptown Girl

First dance - (I Wanna Take) Forever Tonight by Peter Cetera & Crystal Bernard

Cutting of the cake - James Taylor's How Sweet It Is

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics