Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kathy
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Songs?

Kathy, on May 1, 2022 at 08:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Hi Everyone,

So we are creating our playlists from Spotify or Apple Music (can't decide which one)

What I'm wondering is.....when walking down the aisle to the song we have chosen is there a way to fade out the song if I get to the end before the song is over? I don't want to be standing there awkwardly waiting for it to end!

Also is there a way to take bits out of a song if it is too long? We are planning our first dance to an instrumental old school swing song but it is wayyyy too long for both of our left feet lol!

Any ideas?

Thanks all Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on May 16, 2022 at 10:04
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh lovely!! That’s what I did too on Apple Music.

My playlist for Ceremony and Reception was was in order of events. Then I created other genre’s playlist if anyone had songs choices they requested.Songs? 1
    It worked out great for us, to not have to pay an actual DJ for the wedding. Wishing you all the best! 💐
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I am. One for processional, recessional, cocktails and dancing!

Fingers crossed I get it right lol!!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re very welcome!
    Yeah, it’s not going to be noticeable and someone working on the music can definitely make it work nicely.

Are you creating playlist for your day?
  • Kathy
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Tunisia,

Yes i think that is the only option. I'm getting myself worked up on things no one will probably even notice! I am going to try Apple Music instead.

Thanks for the advice

• Brae
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Brae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose Apple Music but their fade out option isn’t great. And when I tried to manually alter the song Apple Music would garble the song until it was unlistenable. If you have a DJ that might work better but for us who don’t want to spend that kind of money need to get ready to dance for longer. I wish you the best of luck
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Kathy,
    I did Apple music.
    And you know I did not think of how the music ended? Hahaha. But if you’re having someone to play the music, they are turn down the music slowly to let it fade?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A simple fade out at any given point can be done on a sound board but it's a manual process. Spotify or Apple Music can fade out at the end of a song but that option doesn't exist for random points.

As for trimming out parts of the song, you'll need an actual file of the song (like an mp3) and have someone who is knowledgeable and have access to tech that can trim the song in an editing software.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics