Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie July 2022 British Columbia

Songs!

Courtney, on April 28, 2022 at 13:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 9
Help! What song are you walking down to? Are you and your wedding party, walking down to the same song or do you have a different song for them to walk down to? Also, what song do you have for your first Dance? My fiancé and I like different genres of music.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on May 14, 2022 at 20:43
  • D
    Featured September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Regarding processional & recessional, those are very much up in the air at this point. At first my fiancee was going to surprise me with a particular song but now she's not certain it's going to work. So that's on hold.

Our 1st dance song is 'I Don't Want to Miss A Thing' from the 1998 movie 'Armageddon'.
  • Bonita
    Newbie May 2022 Alberta
    Bonita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked One thousand Years by The Piano Guys to walk down the aisle and a separate song for the small bridal party. Pinterest has lots of ideas for everything wedding related. It has been a great help! Two weeks and one day to go!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the ceremony, the guests and guys walked in to various Vitamin String Quartet music (my love for their music predates these Bridgerton days so it was something I long wanted). The bridal party and I walked in to a cover of the Smashing Pumpkins song "Today" by Williamette Stone - We timed when I entered with the big build up near the end of the song and it was perfect. It's the one thing I wish we had video of! Our first dance was "Biblical" by Callum Scott and our last dance was the cover of "First Date" by Taylor Acorn (that I'm sure will be the most popular song of the year).

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I let my FH choose his song along with our two witnesses/moms and he decided he wants to be

walking down to "Millionaire" by chris stapleton

I will be walking down to a violin of "you are the reason" as I think it would be beautiful... I might just do the original version though i haven't 100% decided.

Our first dance is "with you I am" by Cody Johnson

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our bridesmaids walked down to an instrumental of Can You Feel the Love Tonight. I walked down with my mom to an instrumental of I Do (Cherish You). I sang "Beautiful" by Jim Brickman and Wayne Brady/All-4-One as my wife walked down the aisle.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The entire wedding party, groom, and parents walked down to Millionaire by Chris Stapleton. I walked down to Can't Help Falling in Love - both played on guitar and sang by my husband's cousin. Our first dance was Carried Away by George Strait and then we broke into Cotton Eyed Joe 😅
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still trying to sort the ceremony music out. Likely will be party will walk to one song, I'll walk to another. I'm try to find something that suits our likes, so leaning towards a some from a video game, or Harry Potter, or Star Wars (all my big likes).

As for first dance, we thankfully like similar music (metal heads), so we are doing an acoustic cover of Everlong by Foo Fighters.

Maybe you can search for wedding songs in the genres you like and pick one that stands out. When I was trying to find something I just searched "hard rock wedding songs" or "alternative rock first dance songs" just to see whats out there. We listened to a few and settled on that one.

• C
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm walking down the aisle to A Thousand Years By The Piano Guys

My MOH and BM will be walking down to a different song we just haven't decided on the song yet.

Our first dance is Amazed by Lonestar

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics