Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner May 2019 Ontario

songs

Stephanie, on February 1, 2019 at 16:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 35

Alright, I am having the hardest decisions on songs?! Ideas/tips for "walking-down-the-aisle" songs? And/Or First dance?

35 Comments

Latest activity by Kathy, on April 17, 2019 at 17:53
  • Kathy
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m walking down to ‘Breathe’ by Faith Hill
  • Geoff
    Beginner March 2019 Ontario
    Geoff ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven’t been able to decide on our ceremony songs either! I’d love to get someone’s opinion, right now we’re leaning towards Zelda’s Lullaby (Orchestral version) for the procession and maybe Jóga by Björk for the recession.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I walked down the aisle to: Can't Help Falling In Love with you - Haley Reinhardt
    My bridesmaids walked in to: Heaven by Kane Brown
    My first dance was: Perfect by Ed Sheeran (the original version)

• Autumn
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Autumn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am walking down the aisle to I Choose You by Sara Bareilles and our first dance is The Story by Brandi Carlile

• A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first dance we will be doing "You and Me" by Lifehouse Smiley smile It was part of the proposal video too and I think I will arrange to have that being shown at the same time

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance will be to perfect by ed sheeran other than that we have no other songs picked out

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't officially decided any songs yet but so far I am pretty sure our first dance will be Dreaming my Dreams by The Cranberries...that is as far as we've gotten...it's so tough picking songs! I like the idea of walking down the aisle to the acoustic version of Everlong by The Foo Fighters, but FH isn't sure...though I also like the traditional Cannon in D.
    NO idea what to go with for when we are signing though. I think we are going to take an evening to just listen to a bunch of songs and then decide.

• Courtney
    Beginner July 2019 British Columbia
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance is - Beautiful Thing by Grace Vanderwaal....and my aisle song (a surprise for him) is 45 Years - Stan Rogers - it's a bit of an inside story but the chorus is really sweet. We are going to walk to Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - as we leave the ceremony.

• Courtney
    Beginner July 2019 British Columbia
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are walking to that as we finish the ceremony!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm walking down the aisle to Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
  • Stephanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My grandmother's favourite singer was Elvis. I will honour her by walking down to a cover of Can't help falling in love by Hayley Klinkhammer. As soon as I heard that song, I started crying. I think that was a good sign haha.

Our first dance will be by Ellie Goulding (my favourite) how long will I love you.

I am still looking for our recessional song.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm walking down to an instrumental version of tenerife sea by ed Sheeran and our first dance is The One by kodaline
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A Thousand Years to walk down the aisle, I Choose You (The Wedding Song) for first dance x

• Stephanie
    Beginner May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone so much for all the ideas!! I'm definitely going to listen to all these songs to see what fits bestSmiley smile I find it so hard choosing love songs that don't make me emotional (as I lost both my parents several years ago)- so this decision is extremely difficult. Once I start crying, I know others will and we'll all be a trainwreck walking down the aisle. Haha. Any other suggestions for "happy"loves tunes are welcomed - thanks so much!!! xox

• Taylor
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first dance song will be From the Ground Up by Dan & Shay. This has been what my fiancé and I consider to be our song since the first time we’ve heard it... Even before we got engaged, my fiancé always said that whenever he heard it when he was by himself or driving in his truck, he would get all emotional and cry happy tears thinking about us getting married one day and spending the rest of our lives together ❤️. So to me, if you guys have a song that has a special meaning to you, go for that!
  • Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For Processional songs I went back and forth a lot between just doing traditional Canon in D then here comes the bride but have decided to go with How long will I love you by Ellie Goulding (guitar cover) then here comes the bride. My cousin is doing the ceremony music on his guitar.
    If you havent heard the song i mentioned above you should! Its beautiful!
    Then our first dance will be to Then by Brad Paisley
    Now I just have to figure out recessional music! Thats been hard for me lol
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the best processionals are instrumental covers of a song that is meaningful to you personally. Vitamin String Quartet has an AMAZING catalogue. And for first dance, a song you guys both love, doesn't have to be the traditional romantic love song in my opinion.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love this! We both love Star Wars not pets named after them though. They all have super random names.

Jedi is such a good name! Chewy too but I haven’t heard Jedi yet lol.

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I actually really love your idea of not changing the songs. We don’t like a big fuss both my FH and I. We went back and forth about eloping to be honest, but we ended up wanting to get married to be able to celebrate with my family and I realized I really liked the tradition of the whole thing. It would disappoint too many important people also.

We keep looking for ways to dail down the showy stuff but still keep some of the traditions meanwhile. It’s a lot easier than it sounds but this a quick and easy way, plus it makes less decisions to make on songs!! Lol

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha my fiance loves star wars! He has a tattoo sleeve of just star wars and our pets names are jedi and chewy haha
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Acoustic covers of songs is a great idea actually wouldn’t have thought of that right away! Thanks for this!!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE STAR WARS! That’s awesome my FH is gonna love that when I tell him Smiley tongue

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were thinking when the bridesmaids walk down the aisle, we would play the imperial March from star wars and then have it change to here comes the bride when I walk down haha
    For the first dance we going to play true colours by cyndi lauper.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I still can't decide on my processional songs, although I've narrowed it down to three:

You are the Sunshine of My Life - Stevie Wonder
    Fall in Love With Me - Earth Wind and Fire
    Lover of the Night - Mumford and Sons

Entrance song for us will be September by Earth Wind and Fire, and entrance song for the wedding party will be And Take Us Home by Alan Doyle.

Our first dance is You Send Me by Sam Cooke.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What are your top 3? Your SO’s top 3?
  • DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I walked down the aisle to the acoustic version of ‘everlong’ by the foo fighters. Recessional was ‘love you madly’ by cake. First dance was ‘howling at nothing’ by Nathaniel rateliff and the night sweats
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Also I realized I should clarify it’s the acoustic version lol.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE THIS. it’ll be so beautiful and super unique!
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridal party and I are walking down to “Dont go home without me” by lights. We won’t be doing a first dance so this was a huge decision. I wanted something that meant something to us and was non traditional and I absolutely love Lights and have gotten FH into her music. We wanted as much of the song as possible to play and I don’t like the idea of having a separate song for each so it’ll play a little before they start, then they’ll go, and then I will.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    P.S I am such a Twlight fan! We are signing our Marriage License to "Turning Pages" from Twlight
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am walking down the aisle with my Dad to The string quartet- Canon in D. I was thinking of it for my Girls but the music touches me so deeply that I decided it was perfect for our entrance. My 2nd choice is the piano version of Christina Perri 1000 Years. The duet with Christina Perri and Steven Krause of 1000 Years is mine and FHs 1st song 💑
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Listen to covers from romantic songs, sometimes they have an original spin to them. Go through movies that you both like and check their score, to see if any songs you like or associate with your relationship!

Walking down the aisle : La Vie en Rose or Crazy In Love by Daniela Andrade (both really good covers).

First dance : We're going with "Baby, I love your way" by Peter Frampton, because it's always been "our" song.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics