Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Something Old, New, Borrowed and Blue!

Holly, on June 18, 2018 at 20:06 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 9
Ladies, for those of you that are doing or have done something old, something new, something borrowed and something Blue, what were they or will they be?

I've been on the fence with doing this, I originally decided against but more recently I am thinking I'll do it. I am unsure about my something old, new and borrowed but for my something blue I am getting our wedding date stitched (in blue obviously) on the inside of my wedding dress. I plan to keep my dress after the wedding so I think it works out nicely! I think I'll be doing the six pence in my shoe as well!

So what are your plans for the something's?

Something Old, New, Borrowed and Blue! 1

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on June 20, 2018 at 10:17
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wasn't planning on doing this but it kind of happened anyway. I had a new dress and hair piece, borrowed my mum's veil (old as well) and had blue beads on my anklet.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing all but the sixpence in the shoe, mostly because: where do people find sixpence in Canada, and I'm wearing heels. My dress will be new, my shoes are blue, I might be borrowing one of my mom's old necklaces (old and borrowed) and we're using my parent's champagne flutes from 30 years ago (again, old and borrowed).

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My something old will be a necklace from my grandma, something new will be my dress, something borrowed I'm not sure on yet and my something blue will be the garter 😊
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is there a purpose to this tradition? Totally forgot about it. Is it for luck?
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking the same for my ssomething blue.. my something old is going to be a necklace from my mother in law that has been in her family for years. I like the idea of this because I feel like it's a great way for me to incorporate my new "official" family and more importantly, my mother in law (who i adore) in to my wedding day!
  • Natalie
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future mother-in-law is giving me a "Blue Pearl" necklace with matching stud earrings. I think that counts as something old/blue/ and possibly borrowed???

I'm also going to make sure my garters will have blue in them. I have heard of the sixpence part though i doubt I'll be able to do that.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tbh - I didn’t even know about the sixpence part.

Not sure if i’ll do any of it but love hearing the creative ways people are incorporating it!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If I were to be wearing heels then the silverpence would not be happening, but since I'm not I think I'll give it a shot just for fun lol
    I think I'll ask my bridesmaids for the something new, borrowed and old. They can decide who gives what it if they all give me something or what I they want. I could count my dress as something new but I'm not sure yet maybe the jewelry will be my something new. Honestly could be anything lol
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Eek, I don't know if I could walk at all with something in my shoe! Haha.

I've got the new dress, and a few borrowed/old items... Don't have anything blue yet, but I'm going to have something... I like having the traditional stuff for certain things.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics