Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Something is going to go wrong!

Samtam, on November 4, 2016 at 13:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

They say that something is going to go wrong during wedding planning. What have been your moments where things have gone wrong? (And hopefully if you get them out of the way before the wedding, you won't have them at the wedding right?!)

We've had a couple things go wrong. The first was our invitations. We ordered a sample in plum and we loved it. We made changes in the wording and whatnot and somewhere along the line, the seller got the idea that we wanted to change our colour scheme to lavender so when we finally got all of our invitations (that were already running behind), they were all lavender and not plum. Luckily the seller was great about it and reprinted them but I was super worried about getting them out in time for our international guests to receive and respond before the RSVP date. Luckily my mom happened to be going up to Vancouver so she took the Canadian invitations with her and either hand delivered them or mailed them from Van.

The next thing was that I ordered cute shirts for me and my bridesmaids to wear for my bachelorette party. (They had cute Minnie ears on them and had "Bridesmaids" written on it in the Disney font.) The post office said that the package was delivered at 11:35 am and I was home by 1:30 pm that day and the package had been stolen. The Etsy seller that made the shirts wouldn't refund me and wouldn't remake them unless I wanted to buy them again with a 30% discount. The post office denied my claim. My apartment building doesn't have security cameras and management wouldn't let me post a notice in the common area asking if anyone had any information on the package. (Management is supposed to accept packages for us but the manager had a "meeting" that day and didn't notify the residents in advance that she would be unavailable.) I was able to dispute it through my credit card company and it's been "conditionally refunded." I decided to just buy shirts and iron on decals myself and it turns out that one of my bridesmaid's moms can make custom shirts so she did it with her fancy equipment and it looks so pro! And we updated all of our registries to my mom's address so that we wouldn't have anything else stolen.

Bride Shirt

Bride Shirt

Bridesmaid Shirt

Bridesmaid Shirt

The most recent thing is that my fiance's hair is messed up and our wedding is next Sat! His hair doesn't have many natural highlights and he wanted to look fancy for the wedding so we decided in the summer to try out highlights. He went to a really nice men's hair salon and it looked great! The only problem was that the highlights were all on top and the ones on the sides were cut off. (Why would you put highlights on the sides if you're just going to cut them off?) When he went back in last weekend, he told him that he liked how it was before but he wanted it more blended on the sides. He comes home and he has a huge blonde spot on the back of his head, like where a bald spot would be. Clearly the stylist should have known and not let him leave the salon! So we went back and made an appointment for yesterday. I told my fiance not to let them put red in his hair because that's not his natural colour (he's cool tones, not warm). The stylist said that he was just going to match his natural hair colour but then they wash it out and it is red and he was like "oh I went a shade lighter. If you don't like it, I'm here Sat or Sun." So now I need to call the salon and get them to refund us for trying to ruin all of our wedding pictures and find someplace that will fix it. (and hopefully it won't damage my fiance's hair too much since this will be the 3rd colouring)

So hopefully all this means that the wedding will go off without a hitch! Smiley atonished

20 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on November 11, 2016 at 05:16
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no!! That's so disappointing Sam! Smiley sad I'm sorry to hear that! Did you have your bacheorette party yesterday as well? How did it go in the end? Smiley heart

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No! No! Smiley sad I'm sorry Samtam- that sucks! Such a disappointment. I'm sure you'll have a ggreat time tearing up the town...but I'm sad you BIL will miss it.

Have fun! XX

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Third time is not the charm. My fiancé's brother and Best Man (and only groomsman) was supposed to arrive early this afternoon with his wife and our nephew and apparently they forgot something at home and he missed his flight and now he's missing the bachelor party tonight. Smiley cry I'm so upset and can't believe this happened. He'll never get that time back. Luckily my fiancé has some family in town that planned the bachelor party (since his brother didn't plan anything) but this always happens and this isn't a good start as in-laws!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Much better! So glad it all worked out

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Much better! Thank goodness!

Less than a week to go Smiley smile just get your butts to Canada safe and sound *squeek* I'm excited for you!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you to everyone for all your support! It loooks like the third time is the charm because they were finally able to fix his hair. Whew no more red! He looks so great so there better not be any more surprises before the wedding!

Before/After

Before/After

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OH GOOD!!!! I'm so glad it worked it
  • Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They fixed his hair today! THANK GOD!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh geez! Hopefully they can get it back to that, that's some great hair!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well his hair looks great there! Keep that up.

I love BSB too- oh god. The dancing- always good ones for weeding dancefloor!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yes definitely more appropriate for the bach parties. I don't think I could keep a straight face during the vows!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I do love me some Backstreet Boys so I would be ok with boy band tips! We were actually going for a more modern Justin Timberlake and it looked great when we tried it out a couple months ago so I don't know what happened! We have an appt for tomorrow so fingers crossed that it turns out ok!

Here's what it looked like back in the summer: (clearly his natural colour is not red!)

My Fiance

My Fiance

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHA can you imagine that while you're saying your vows! Let's hope you don't have to resort to any of these things Smiley winking

BTW those are super cute!!!!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha good idea! Hopefully they'll fix it but we'll keep this as a back up plan! We did get Bride and Groom Mickey ears to use for our bachelor/bachelorette parties so that could work! Smiley winking

Bride & Groom Mickey Ears

Bride & Groom Mickey Ears

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man Samtam!! That sucks! Those shirts turned out amazing though! Just HIMYM it and have him in a funky hat... but for real fingers crossed that it works out and they fix it!!!

How I Met Your Mother - Marshall's Wedding Suit and Fedora | FOX Home Entertainment

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was picturing boy band tips too!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 4 bridesmaids total. Yes I always say better safe then sorry and that is why I order things early on!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that's stressful! Good thing you ordered them in advance! How many bridesmaids do you have? You should have enough time to get everything altered by next August!

I had a dress scare because we bought our dresses 2 years ago and one of my bridesmaids is now pregnant and we just bought regular dresses, not "bridesmaid" dresses, which are typically easier to alter. She'll be 7 months pregnant at the wedding and has been trying on her dress every week and luckily it still fits! Fingers crossed!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh the Hairrrrrr. I thought you were going to say he ended up with boyband tips- but it turns out it CAN be worse than that.

I am SO sorry you have had these trials! but as they say, things happen in threes, so hopefully this is it for you! Your bride team shirts look fantastic, and comfy Smiley smile and I'm glad your invites were resolved.

Let us know how the hair situation pans out Smiley atonished I'm sure there will be a stylist that can fix it!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow I think you have had your share of bad luck and I hope the wedding runs smooth!!!! So far the only problem I have had is that we ordered the bridesmaids dresses back in July and they were supposed to arrive in November (this month). However I got a phone call on Monday saying that there was a computer error that flagged the dress order and so they were never actually ordered! Now the dresses wont be here until February! They also wont give us any sort of discount for the inconvenience!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics